Chapter 7

-Flashback Rose's POV-
I noticed Jin trying to talk to me, but I just couldn't respond. I wanted the pills! No one seemed to give in to my desire. No one could understand how much I needed it!

Now I completely blanked everyone out of my mind; I was no longer in school but found myself in my old room lying huddled in the corner, trying to block out this stupid world. Then Alex came in, he lifted me up. I wanted to free myself from his grip, but how could I?! I was too small, too powerless... He carried me somewhere, but I squeezed my eyes tightly shut in fear. Now it was probably over. Alex had me. When I noticed that he stopped, I heard a soft voice asking me to open my eyes. However, I didn't dare. Even if I got beaten for not doing what I was asked to do, I wouldn't.

Alex gently laid me on the floor, which was strange... Before, he had never done that. I guess it really was the end. He would probably kill me now. Slowly I opened my eyes and looked around. I was on a roof. Fearfully, I winced. He's going to throw me off the top! Then, running out of air, I began to hyperventilate. Tears streamed down my cheek like a waterfall.

'Dying is the only solution; it will free us from suffering. Do you seriously still want to live in such a world?' Suddenly, I heard Lina's voice.
But that couldn't be; she was already dead. I saw it with my own eyes, how her body hit the ground. The images came up again. I felt extremely dizzy.
''Non, non, non," I muttered to myself.
Lina's figure was in front of me. She was balancing on the edge of the roof and smiling to herself.
'Everybody wants us dead! Nobody wanted us in the first place. I am finally free now. You should, too. Both of us.'

I didn't even realize I was in someone's arms, nor how I was told to breathe in and out slowly. All my attention was on Lina. She was the only one who had played with me in the orphanage; she showed me that I should always smile and not listen to the opinion of others. She was the person who had taught me to value life. To this day, I could not understand why she had changed her mind so drastically. She wanted to travel the world with me; she wanted to be free. Thanks to her, I pulled myself together and tried to see everything positively. She helped me, but I couldn't help her. The feelings of guilt plagued me again.
'Leave everything behind and come to me.'

''ROSE!!! BREATHE!!!" someone shouted next to me. Shocked, I covered my ears and looked over at the voice. Tyler? Astonished, I stared into his eyes. We were sitting on the floor. He leaned back against the wall and pressed me against him. His hand was on my chest.
"Now, just follow my lead."
I felt his chest rise and fall against my back.
Why was Tyler here? In such a disgusting place.
"Rose, come on. Follow my lead. Your face turned blue."

I quickly looked around again. I was afraid that Alex would come and then Tyler would get hurt too. I clung to him and looked around frantically.
''I am here, Rose. It's only the two of us, so don't be afraid."
His voice was soft and so beautiful. I closed my eyes and tried to inhale and exhale the way Tyler was leading me to breathe. It took time for me to become reasonably calm. When I opened my lids, Lina was in front of me again, her eyes full of sadness, but still, there was a smile on her face, 'Once again, you left me alone.'No! I never wanted to leave you alone. I reached out my hand, but Tyler grabbed it and placed it on my stomach. Lina, meanwhile, was back on the ledge and then threw herself down.Paralyzed, I just looked in that direction.

''Rose. Can you hear me?" Tyler asked. I heard him very well, but I didn't urge to answer him, so I just continued to stare at the spot.
''If you don't answer me now, I'll have to use other methods," he mumbled.
Slowly I looked up at him.
''Thank God. I thought I would have to call an ambulance," he sighed with relief and rested his head on my shoulder, "You must have been terrified just now, but it's all over, and it won't happen again."