CHAPTER 2: A PROPOSAL

RAFAEL MARTINEZ

After taking a shower, I wrapped a towel around my waist and made my way out of the washroom. Picking out my suit from the closet I dressed up and went downstairs, Dad was waiting for me on the breakfast table. I went and took a seat in front of him.

"Morning Dad." I greeted him.

"Morning son." He replied.

A maid served my breakfast. I started eating my food while looking at my phone growing through the mails when Dad said "Son you need to remember one thing."

I looked up from my phone at him with my brows furrowed.

"You are now 30, you realise that?"

"I know that Dad." I replied.

He smiled "Then why aren't you getting married."

I rolled my eyes.

Not again.

"I'm fine Dad. I don't want to take anymore responsibilities."

"A girl in your life will do you good."

"Stop Dad please. Don't start again." saying that I focused back on eating.

"I am getting older Rafael, is it wrong that I want to see my son married before I die?"

I sighed and got up from my seat.

"I'll think about it Dad for now I have to leave. See you."

I left the house.

As I reached my company, I directly made my way towards the meeting room. Everyone stood up from their seat and greeted me, I signalled them to take their seats back, the meeting began.

"Mr. Austin please begin with the explanation." I said and he got up from his seat and started explaining.

After I was done with the meeting, I went to my office room and sat on my seat leaning my back against the chair I closed my eyes. The meeting took more time than I expected and it was damn frustrating.

There was a sudden knock on the door I muttered a 'come in' my assistant, Angela came in, I gave her a questioning look.

"Sir Mr. Cameron is here to see you." She informed.

"Christopher Cameron?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes sir." She answered.

Strange. Why is he here?

"Why?"

"He said he has some business to discuss about."

I nodded "Send him in."

She nodded and left the room. Few minutes later she came back with Christopher Cameron following her and with him of course his son, Aaron.

I got up from my seat.

"Rafael."

"Should I say, it's nice to see you here?" I asked.

He smiled.

I looked at Angela "You may leave and yes I don't want any disturbance for few minutes at least." She nodded and left.

I looked back at Christopher "What do you want Cameron?" I asked him seriously.

He chuckled "I see so no greetings, nothing. We are talking straight business?" He came towards my table and both of them took a seat in front of me.

"We can sit and talk." He said making me roll my eyes.