CHAPTER 14: LIES

RAFAEL MARTINEZ

I looked down at Hazel she was finally asleep. I never thought it would be this dangerous of course she would be scared after what happened today, even I was afraid that we would make out alive from that place. Getting up from the bed I made my way outside the room, reaching my office room I called Simon.

"Rafael?" He answered.

"What the fuck is going Simon?"

I was really mad at him. It was never my responsibility to face these situations, he promised me I would never have to face such situations under is security but today he broke the promise.

"What happened?"

"Watch the news. We were attacked today at Hazel's event. She got attacked twice Simon. You told me they are gonna use her to get to you and if I marry her they wouldn't dare to kill someone like me."

"It's complicated Rafael."

"I don't fucking care Simon because of you she is in danger, are you understanding that?"

"I know Rafael. I know I am trying to save her. I'll sort everything out."

"When are you going to do that? When they'll kill her."

"She'll be fine."

"How? I saw today what they can do to her if they get her. I saw how dangerous it can be. My Dad too will be in danger if they don't get her."

"Just give me some more time. No one will be harmed I swear. I am doing everything I can, till then protect her please."

I rolled my eyes and hung up.

"Fucking asshole."

I was about to go back to my room when my phone rang, it was Caleb.

"Sir, about the guy you asked me to find about."

I asked impatiently "What did you find?"

"Sir nothing."

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Sir I couldn't find anything about him."

"You sure?"

"Sir but I am doubting something."

"And what is it?"

"Sir, he is following your wife continuously."

Well I already know that.

He continued "The meeting in the café, you told me about. I have tracked him after that, he went few days before your wife's event to that place, also I found few men keeping eye on your house, after Mrs. Martinez left they followed her to her event location and today too after he left, there was the attack. It's all just suspicious."

It is suspicious.

"Keep searching Caleb. I need to know about him."

"Yes sir."

I hung up the call. Making my way back to my room, I looked at Hazel she was sleeping on her side of the bed. I went to the washroom taking a shower, I returned and wore my sweats and a black t-shirt. Sitting on the bed beside Hazel, I was working on my laptop when I felt her shivering. Removing her duvet, I placed a hand on her forehead to check her temperature.

Fuck. She is burning.

I called her "Hazel." But her eyes were still closed she was just shivering. I called the doctor immediately and asked him to come as soon as possible.

Bringing a wet cloth, I placed it on her forehead holding her hand I sat beside her staring at her pale face. After sometime the doctor arrived he did all the checks on her and gave the names of few medicines to me.