12 - Stick to painting

After the shitty weekend I had, this was just what I needed

Even with her attitude, I've been having, by far, the best day. 

And this is just by having her company.

"Okay, let's start this," I say, rubbing my hands together.

The tables before us have a few blocks of clay as well as a pot of water, a few brushes and stencils. They are extremely organized, and it's noticeable it was Luna who's been setting everything up because if it were me, it'd look chaotic.

How the fuck am I supposed to use the water, the brushes or the stencils, I have no idea. But I am too ashamed to ask Luna about it.

"Ok, so as an inspiration from your previous work of Art," Luna smirks at me. "We're going to sculpt a Brachiosaurus. A proper one, not one that is half-bird."

While she breaks out laughing, I glare at her. Of course, she had to come back and bite me in the ass about my hideous attempt at sculpting. 

"Good to know my delicious lunch has left you in such a good mood that you feel brave enough to mock me," I scowl.

"Shut up, asshole," she scowls.

"Ahh, see?" I tease. "It's not fun when it's directed at you is it?" 

"I can let you be a Rubens or a Rembrandt-wanna-be for the rest of your life if you want or I can help you become a Leonardo Davinci, a Michelangelo or a Picasso. Which one will it be?" 

"Aren't you a funny one today?

She glares at me but I just smirk back, unaffected by her attitude.  Who would've thought we could have so much fun together? 

She's the total opposite of Abby or any other girl from my high school circle, for that matter. It's not that I felt left out because I was one of the famous boys back then, but I always felt, deep down that I didn't fit in.

And I sure as hell never had this much fun. And we're not even doing half the stuff we used to do back then like bowling, or cinema afternoons or group dinners. 

"Ok, one of my first thoughts when sculpting is to estimate how much I'll need and if it will be a one-piece or if I need to do two pieces and bring them together." 

"I'd say one pice for this one," I chime in.

"Ehh, wrong. With a long neck as this one has, I think it's safe to be a two-piece. Also, it'll allow me to teach you how to connect them properly."

She proceeds to cut the big chunk of clay into two pieces, one bigger and the second slightly smaller. I reckon, one for the body and the latter for the neck and head.

Hesitantly, I follow her lead up to the point where we start shaping the body with the bigger chunk of clay. I try to follow her moves and try to the best of my abilities to have my brachiosaurus' body be similar to hers.