Chapter 38 : Coping up.

Third person point of view

The next morning, since it was a Saturday, Joshua woke up at half past 11. He wasn't in the mood to do anything, so he forced himself to go back to sleep and he did fall asleep. The next time he woke up the sun was even brighter and it was 1:40 pm. He dragged his body out of the bed and went to the bathroom. He stared at his face in the mirror and sighed. 

He brushed his teeth and washed his face. He went and sat on couch and ordered food. He wasn't in the mood to go out at all. He turned the television on. As soon as it turned on, a cooking show was playing. He let out a breath and changed the channel. The next one also had a cooking show. He sighed and changed it. This time some movie was playing. 

He left it at that and put the remote aside. The food he ordered arrived. He sat down with it. He continued watching the movie as he ate bit by bit. It looked like it has been a while since it has started but he just watched. As the movie continued, it started turning sad. He felt a tear fall on the back of his hand and realized he cried because the movie was sad. 

He wiped his tears and turned the televisions off. He let out a huff and didn't know what to do with the day. He felt like he wanted a distraction. He called Nicholas. " Hey. What's up ? " " I wanted to know if Alex is going to any one of the locations today ". " Today ? " " Yes ". " You want to go there ? " Joshua took a deep breath. 

" Yes ". Nicholas was shocked but he was not going to reject it. " Sure. I will let you know in some time ". " Thanks ". " Yeah ". " Bye ". " Bye ". Joshua hung up. He looked down at the food. He had a only little of what he ordered. He somehow slowly finished half watching the movie. And then didn't have any more appetite, so got up to throw away the remaining food.

He walked back and played on his phone. After one and a half hour he received a call from Nicholas. " Hey ". " He is going to be there at ' Night out ' tonight ". " Oh okay ". Joshua looked down at his other hand. " So ? " " Can I call you back and let you know ? " Joshua asked. " Sure. Take your time ". " Thanks ". " No mention ". Nicholas hung up.

Joshua took a deep breath. It was still a little past 5. Nicholas asked him to think again and let him know later before hanging up, but he felt like he already knew the answer. He was just a little bit hesitant. But now he decided to put it away. He stared at his fiddling fingers and decided he was going to do it. He texted Nicholas.

Joshua : Let's do it.

Nicholas : Sure. What time do you want me to pick you up ?

Joshua : 7:30 will do right ?

Nicholas : Yep. It will be enough.

Joshua : What about the entry ?

Nicholas : I will take care of it.

Joshua : Okay.

Joshua put his phone aside. He got up and walked to his room. He checked through his wardrobe and didn't know what to wear. He was sure he couldn't just go looking ordinary if he has a motive and a mission. He sighed running a hand through his hair. He couldn't think of any solutions. He looked around and his eyes landed on his phone on the bed. 

And suddenly it clicked. He picked up his phone and sat down on the bed. He called someone. " Hello ". " Oh my goodness. Is it really you ? " A woman spoke from the other side. Joshua chuckled. " I want your help ". " Holy shit. What is this ? Did something happen ? " Joshua shook his head laughing lightly. " Don't exaggerate it ". She giggled. 

" Fine. I won't tease you anymore. So what can I help you with ? " " You always asked me something. Remember ? " The lady stood up from her couch. " Don't tell me- " " Yes. I will grant that wish now. Are you willing to do it ? " " YES !! How can I even reject it ? " Joshua chuckled at how excited she sounded. " I have to go out by 7:30. So based on that you can come by ". 

" How can I wait any longer ? I will be there as soon as I can ". Joshua laughed at the enthusiasm. " Fine. Up to you ". " Bye, bye. I need to prepare all the things I might need ". " Okay. Bye ". He hung up and went to take a shower. He came out and sat on the couch. It has been around 45 minutes since he called her. 

He heard a knock and opened the door. A lady who is also the same age as Joshua was standing there with a huge suitcase by her side. " I should've known when I called you ". The woman laughed and entered the house dragging the big suit case. " Where can I put this ? " Joshua showed her to his bed room. " You took a shower ? " Joshua nodded. 

" Good ". Joshua smiled a little. " What is it with your outfit ? " Joshua asked. She was in sweatpants and a t-shirt. She rolled her eyes. " I couldn't care less about it when you finally agreed. I am really curious as to why you agreed though ". Joshua shrugged. " I felt like it ". She just nodded. " Anyway, shall we get started now ? " She asked with a small smirk. 

Joshua gulped. " Bella. I swear.... don't make me regret it ". She smiled with confidence. " Believe me. You won't ". Joshua nodded and she made him sit on the bed and opened the suit case. Joshua's eyes went wide. She just chuckled. " I only brought like half maybe ". " This is HALF ? " Joshua's jaw dropped. 

" Stop asking questions. Now let me start ". She squatted looking into it. The suit case was filled with different branded makeup items. Joshua hoped he wouldn't regret his decision. The lady was Isabella. Joshua's friend since high school. She was a makeup enthusiast since back then. She said she liked Joshua's face a lot.

So she was always behind him asking to let her do his makeup just once. But he never agreed to it. Not that he was against it, but he just never wanted to. But right now he felt like it. He was willingly doing it. He knew he had to take this step to push confidence up by at least a little, so he called her and asked for help. Fingers crossed.

                                                            -MG

Author notice :

Woohoo~~~ Our boy is so brave. 🤧🥺

I really couldn't get myself to edit. So I tried all my methods which help me concentrate and finally finished it. 😂

And you guys have to wait till the next week for the results. Wait for it~~ 😉

Also my BR is starting university please send some wishes and love. 🥰🤗