Chapter 56 : Bittersweet kiss.

Third person point of view

Elijah took a slice for himself and followed Joshua to the living room. Joshua was enjoying the cake sitting on the couch. " It is not a surprise to see you cooking something, but what about today ? " Joshua asked eating another spoonful. Elijah shrugged. " Just like every time, I just wanted to do it ". Joshua nodded. " Did you learn to cook or you are just naturally born with it ? " 

Elijah chuckled. " Both ". " Really ? " Elijah nodded. " Actually when I lived alone, I wanted to eat a few recipes but I didn't really like to eat restaurant food all the time. I did burn a few pans in the start, but as I continued, it felt like I did have talent for cooking. So I started doing it more often. And I really started to enjoy it ". 

Joshua nodded. " So you really are born with it ". Elijah smiled. " You can put it that way. But I do think it is both of it though. After a few trials and errors, we will learn it one way or other ". Joshua nodded. " Agreed. Then, what is your favorite recipe ? " " I don't really have one ". " Now that's new. Why so ? " 

" I always try different types of recipes. There isn't a limit to it. So not really. I like a lot of them ". Joshua nodded. " It feels like I understand but still don't ". Elijah chuckled. Joshua smiled. " No favorite recipe. How about your go-to recipe then ? Like you are hungry and just want to finish it real quick kind of ". Elijah thought for a second.

" Umm... this is rare too because I always had something or the other that I cooked. I used to heat it up and eat it. But...... there is one recipe which is really simple. It is made with pasta noodles. It is like you should boil them first by adding a bit of salt. After you finish boiling it, take a pan and add some olive oil, sliced garlic and chili flakes. Once it is a little fried, add the noodles to it with a little of the pasta water and fry a little. You'll be done ". 

Joshua nodded. " That is really simple indeed ". " Yep. It is easy and simple. It doesn't take much time. It is not a 'wow' taste, but fills the appetite ". Joshua hummed as an agreement. " Will you cook that someday ? " Elijah frowned a little. " Why such a simple recipe ? I will prepare white sauce pasta. It will be tasty ". Joshua nodded. 

" So sweet of you. It is definitely nice to have a boyfriend who is a good cook. Just that you have an additional quality of being lazy ". Joshua smiled. Elijah raised an eyebrow. " Did you just insult me ? " He asked looking at Joshua. Joshua gasped. " Who even said that ? I was clearly praising you ". 

Elijah narrowed his eyes. " What to do ? It doesn't look like it to me though. Then no more cake for you ". Elijah took the plate away from Joshua. Joshua pouted. " Come on. Just give it to me. Ugh ! " Joshua said trying to reach for it but Elijah was putting it higher and away from Joshua's reach. 

Joshua struggled but couldn't take it. He huffed sitting back. " How can you do that ? That's unfair ". Elijah smirked still holding the plate away. " Everything is fair in love and war baby ". Joshua blushed lightly at the nickname, but put on a poker face. Elijah chuckled looking at Joshua's expression. 

" Fine. Fine. Don't give me that expression. I will let you have the cake ". Elijah gave the plate back. Joshua smiled happily. " You looked like a kid. I thought you will cry any moment ". " I am NOT a kid ". Joshua protested. " Sure ". Elijah took a bite. Joshua hit Elijah's arm and Elijah laughed. " Why~ ? I agreed to what you said, didn't I ? " 

Elijah asked with a teasing grin. Joshua pouted harder and turned his face away. " See ? " Elijah pointed at Joshua. " Get lost ! " Joshua said wanting to walk away. Elijah pulled Joshua closer without letting him escape. " Don't. I won't tease anymore alright ? " Joshua gave a side eye and looked ahead. Elijah kissed Joshua's cheek. 

Joshua shut his eyes tight. " Fine now ? " Elijah asked still close to Joshua's face. Joshua looked down and nodded. Elijah ruffled Joshua's hair. He put both of their plates aside. He pulled Joshua's legs throwing them over his and Joshua was now sitting facing Elijah. " W-what is it ? " Joshua asked a little startled. 

Elijah gave a small smile. " Why ? Are you uncomfortable ? Or you want to sit on my lap ? " " NO ! This is fine ". Joshua picked up both of their plates. He gave Elijah his and looked down at his. Elijah started having it and Joshua was taking small bites. " Why? " Elijah asked gazing at Joshua. 

Joshua hesitated for a second but spoke up. " HOW CAN I EAT WHen you are staring at me like this ? " His voice drained down at the end and he looked down gradually. Elijah didn't know what to say. " Don't keep looking at me like that~~ It feels all fuzzy ". Joshua complained. Elijah saw the tint of pink on Joshua's cheeks. He smiled pulling him even closer. 

Joshua's eyes shot up in shock. He stiffened unable to even gulp. " Breathe ". Elijah whispered. Joshua let out the breath he was holding. " You sure are very charming. How are you even single for this long ? " Joshua blushed harder. " What nonsense are you talking ? " Elijah smiled looking into Joshua's eyes. Joshua felt his heart beat faster. 

" I just told you I fell harder. Again ". Joshua stared at Elijah and leaned forward. He closed his eyes when their lips met. Elijah kissed him back. Joshua held the plate tighter. Elijah put his hand on the back of Joshua's neck. Both of them enjoyed the taste of chocolate in the kiss. They pulled away smiling. 

Elijah slid his hand down to Joshua's back as he spoke. " You always taste different every time I kiss you. Once is liquor.. " Elijah narrowed his eyes and Joshua cleared his throat. " Once more was strawberry and this time chocolate. I can't wait to find out what you will taste like the next time. " Joshua rolled his eyes smiling. 

" You should wait and find out then ". Joshua said haughtily. Elijah nodded. " I am looking forward to it ". Joshua smiled. " Tsk. Pervert ". Elijah laughed. " Why am I the only pervert here ? You also said the same thing ". Joshua shook his head. " I am not ". " You are ". They continued to have the cake still bickering.               

                                             -MG

Author notice :

We are more than 100 percent sure that Elijah is the pervert here. 😂

That recipe is from the internet too. I once was looking for recipes for Spaghetti and came across that. Since then I always make that for myself and sister whenever possible. I do make a few more too. But I haven't had the chance for white sauce pasta. My sister says no to that. She is like what if it turns that both of us don't like the flavor after you make it ? I have no answer to that. 😂 But she is right too. Food shouldn't be wasted. So I never made that.

I don't have fancy skills like Elijah but not bad. I can manage to an extent. 😂 I once saw some picture of food on some show actually. So I cooked and sent it to my BR too back then. It has been over an year maybe. I don't remember the name of it too. 😂 I liked the color of the Spaghetti that comes out in it. So I searched for the recipe and made it myself. It was tasty. 👍🏻

I fucking hate my brain though. I literally got 4 new ideas for books. FOUR. Even my BR was like what is it with you ? How can you do this ? 😂 I have no answer. I really don't know too.😶 Like...... 😐 Can I just jump off of somewhere ? 😂 This is too much. I decided to not write anything this year. We are not even a month into it and I already have 4 ideas like W T F ! UGH ! I still won't write. 🙂✌🏻 I made notes for the ideas and left it at that.  😂😌👌🏻