To Love and To be Loved

Author's Notes: Hehe just realized WWMS is basically one year old now yayyyy

*may draw something later. I'm still too tired at the moment from animating  (-ι_- )))。。。

.

.

.

(NOBODY POV)

"Sir, it's been 45 minutes."

NATO remained in his unmoving state with his arms folded across his chest. Despite what Five had instructed, he refused to leave until that man resurfaced.

"He's going to succeed," he muttered.

With every passing minute, the knot in his stomach grew tighter and his stress began to show. Did he make the right choice to stay? He wasn't so sure anymore but it was better than the idea of giving up.

Seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours. The sun had left the sky a long while ago and NATO's fatigue began to kick in. Just as he was about to doze off, a wisp of light bubbled to the surface right beside their boat. This quickly snapped NATO out of his trance and he leaned over the side to get a closer look.

It was as if the silver glow of the moon had condensed on that spot, creating a spotlight. Slowly but surely, a brilliant teal appeared just moments before a giant splash announced Five's return.

"OH JEEZ- COLD COLD COLD!" Five sputtered as he paddled his way towards the boat. NATO helped him aboard and tossed him a heated towel.

"20 minutes huh," he scoffed as Five curled up in the towel, "More like four hours."

"Wait what? I could have sworn that it was 20 minutes."

"Well then explain why it's 2 in the morning!"

...

After getting back to land, Five retrieved the token from the deep and presented it with pride. The rest of his team, however, was less than impressed.