Chapter - 2

Flipping through the pages of my age-old journal, I re-read all those scenarios that I've written up till now.

It's something I do every day. I don't know, when will this come true?

But for a few days, I've been getting the feeling that it's going to become true very soon, maybe not exactly how I've imagined.

I don't know who, but I do know there is someone. Someone who'll enter my life super soon. I've been getting good signals from the universe regarding this.

Thinking all these thoughts, I went off to the rooftop to perform my everyday chore.

"Hey !" I didn't hear any voice in reply.

So, I spoke once again, "Hey! Where are you?"

Still no response.

I kept trying to get an answer for almost an hour yet I received no reply.

But, it's not usually so, in fact, it has never been so since the first day I heard that voice.

You know that voice is soothing and friendly. That voice has always confirmed my dreams.

The sudden silence of that voice makes my heart sink. I've got so used to hearing that voice that it's almost impossible to bear to not hear it.

"Could I have done any mistake?" I questioned myself after I had come down from the rooftop.

The entire night, I was unable to sleep. The thought of not hearing that voice ever again haunted me deeply. But, the unexpected silence of that voice meant something, something which I was unable to unravel.

When I could no longer contain myself of all the thoughts, I called Christina.

"Hello? Is everything fine? Stella tell me what's wrong?" I heard a worried Christina ask me.

"Hmm..actually, I'm unable to sleep. I can't hear the voice." I said.

"What voice? That voice?" She chuckled and then suddenly the tone of her voice changed to an angry one, "Stella, you called me up at midnight, interrupted my sleep and woke me up midway of such a beautiful dream that I was dreaming, just to tell me an unreliable story of yours. Seriously Stella!?" and she disconnected the call.

"I should have known, she never believed me on this. How will she understand my situation right now then?" I said to myself with guilt.

----------------------•𖤐•𖤐•𖤐•---------------------