Chapter - 10

Okay, I should have the courage to face this. After all, I'm the one who created this embarrassing situation for myself. So, I must face the truth and walk as if nothing happened and I said nothing to anyone. I should have the confidence.

Head up straight, walk like a princess.

No. I can't.

But sooner or later I'll have to enter the classroom. I can't keep standing outside hiding from everyone for the entire day or life.

"Christina will be in the class, you'll have the courage to face everyone with your best friend by your side. But till there- you'll have to walk the path alone first. Only then can you reach the classroom and sit on the bench, Stella. Come on, Stella! I have faith in you!" I said to myself as I tried to gain the courage to enter the classroom where Covyn must be sitting with his gang of friends.

I feel so alone, how can I make it to the classroom without Christina?

"Ahh, Stella. I so knew you would be here," Christina said as she jumped in front of me.

For a second, I did presume that it's Covyn and so my anxiety had almost dived into my heart.

"Thank god, you are here!" I sighed and hugged her as I said goodbye to anxiety for the time being, "I was so scared to get into the classroom alone," I cried.

"I knew, so I'm here,you can't be alone with me!" she smiled, "Now, let's go inside."

"Wait, is everyone talking about me?" I whispered.

"Why will everyone talk about you?" She chuckled, "Of course, there indeed is someone who's thinking about you," she stated with an amused smile.

"Are you also finding it funny? That problematic Covyn is talking about me, isn't he? I so hate him now! He's so mean!" I said annoyingly.

"Slow down, slow down. Catch a breathe Stellzi! You begin to act all so nervous for such a little matter. He has not arrived yet. So, don't worry, you really think that he could go about making fun of you in my presence?" She said patting my shoulders.

"Okay, let's try to go."

"Try to go? Stella, we have to go- after all your crush is waiting for you," she argued, nudging my shoulders with a goofy smile.

"Didn't you just say that Covyn is not there yet," I said as I started walking back?

"He's really not there, trust me!" She said as she pulled me towards the class like I'm a heavy baggage that she's unable to carry and so is dragging it with all her strength but the force of friction seemed to be too strong to let me move even an inch.

Yet, of course, I'm a human and not a luggage- Christina was literally pulling my hands like they're made of elastic.

Which reminds me that I need to start stretching again, after all I have to apply for the dance club in school though I'm a little nervous about it right now.

"See, he's nowhere around," Christina remarked, suddenly making me aware of the benches around me- I didn't realise when she managed to drag me uptil here.

I'm so lost in my thoughts.

Luckily, my classmates were crowded around a desk where someone whom I was unable to see was sitting.

"You are right! He's not here yet," I sighed as I sat on my bench.

"See, I was right."

"You were scaring me. Seriously, you should hate yourself for being like this to me. You were just confusing me. My heartbeat is still running with a runner's speed out of anxiety."