Chapter 12| Barely Concealed

Chapter twelve: Barely Concealed

O L I V I A

At some point in the middle of the movie, Griffin had snuck out with his phone pressed to his ear and a huge smile plastered to his face. If I'd had to guess, I'd have said it was George on the other end. Carter was dozing off. Sam and Josh had ended up cuddling. When our eyes had met, I had shot her a questioning look. In return, she had looked sheepish and mouthed 'later'.

"You want to cuddle, too?" Kai whispered, leaning in.

Bold. And despite our situation, a turn-on.

"What happened to being friends?" I asked him, hoping it came out steady.

"I never said that," he muttered. His breath hit my neck every time he spoke and this time, I shivered. "And friends cuddle too."

No. Not normally, they don't. But since I'm already going to hell, why not sin thoroughly?

"Okay."

I shrugged indifferently, scooting closer to him. He pulled me in front of him and shifted me to sit between his legs. Then he wrapped his arms around my middle. It felt amazing. Cocooned in his warmth, I couldn't fathom any reason why I had had a mental breakdown at all. This was where I belonged. It was so familiar, too. I realized that I had missed it without even knowing. A soft sigh escaped my lips when I felt his chin drop on my shoulder.

"I'm bored," he mumbled.

"How's that even possible?" I asked him softly, not removing my eyes from the screen.

"I don't know," he whispered back. His lips grazed the nape of my neck and I shivered. It felt too good for me to complain. "Maybe because I've seen this movie a billion times."

"Um-hmm." I nodded, not trusting my voice. We did use to watch it quite a lot even when we were in high school.

"You're seriously enjoying this?" He inquired as I finished my chocolate. It would be missed. I gasped lowly when I felt his lips press into my neck and stay there for a second. I felt his lips curl into a smile at the reaction.

Oh, my God.

"I was until you started speaking." I chuckled breathily, trying to save face. "What's up Kaison?"

"Let's get out of here," he suggested. His lips grazed up and down my neck, stealing my ability to think. My heart thudded in my chest and my neck and face felt hot.

"What? No," I said lightly. "They'll notice."

"Who will?" He challenged, keeping it up. I closed my eyes, already having had stopped watching the movie a long time ago. The feeling of his flesh against mine was too distracting, and he seemed to know exactly what he was doing.

"Sam," I counted slowly. "Josh. And others might spot us sneaking off."

"Sam and Josh are a little preoccupied, don't you think?" I opened my eyes to see him tip his head toward the love birds. They were making out.

Hun.

"So?" He prompted me to answer.

What the hell.

"Okay," I agreed, the corners of my mouth lifting. I turned my face sideways to face him. He was already looking at me. "Let's do it," I said.

"Now we're talking." He beamed. As if I wasn't already dazed by his assault from a few seconds ago.

He didn't make any move to get up.

"Kai?" I chuckled, pushing his hair back from his face. "You need to let go."