Chapter 15| Girl v/s Uterus

Chapter fifteen: Girl versus uterus

O L I V I A

Sam boarded next. She just hugged me and went on her way. I expected a better farewell, but the bitch spent more time embracing Josh than she did me.

Whatever happened to 'chicks before dicks'?

Meh. She looked genuinely happy in his company. Her laughs were more humorous and her eyes were brighter. That was all I could have ever asked for her. Joshua had better not break her heart or else he was going down. I'd hire people should the need arise.

And that also explained why she wanted me to make up with Kai. She was dating his best friend. She was kind of desperate. Now that everything was out in the open, I was relieved. For a minute there I had begun wondering if Kai and Sam had something going on. How stupid was that?

Kaison, Josh, and I were finally sitting at our terminal, waiting for our boarding call which could happen any minute. Josh was getting himself something to eat since Samantha had eaten everything he had purchased before. He must really love her if he was readily buying all that overpriced airport food. I was craving to eat or drink something but my stomach did not agree. It was feeling full from all the things I had consumed.

I was sitting idly, thinking about the apartment. I had two days from when I went back to when Griffin returned. I didn't mind the quiet but I wasn't looking forward to it either. My mom had moved to Colorado when I was in college so I was alone in NYC. I mean, I had Griffin, but it still made me feel a tad bit alone.

I had to go grocery shopping, too. Urgh. I had emptied most of our fridge before leaving to make sure nothing spoiled. Hence I was going to be jet lagged with no food available to eat. Wonderful, no? I made a mental note to order something on the way home. Or maybe I could order something the next morning. Have a nice brunch, and then go out to refill the empty fridge.

I sighed heavily. It was going to be a not-so-relaxing Saturday. I also had laundry to do. And I had to catch up on work. I was out of town for a whole week. I would definitely have to pay for that.

Oh, just kill me now.

"What's got you down in the dumps?" Kai's voice brought me out of my reverie. He lowered his voice, "Is it the cramps again?"

"No," I exhaled. "I mean yeah, a little, but no. I'm just a little pissed about my loaded weekend."

"Oh." He nodded. "You guys mentioned something like that this morning."

"There's a ton of shit I need to get done." I groaned. "I'm sure Jane is ready to chat my ears off about this whole 'vaccation'. She's a huge fan of yours. And if the news about you being with us is out, I'm sure she is ready to grill me till I tell her every last thing about you. Jessica is probably waiting to shoot me on sight. She was so reluctant to let me cash my leave. I swear, a hundred bitches must've died for her to be born. And Brian is probably ready to whine about his apparently one-sided love life."

"Breathe." He chuckled. "I'm sure everything will be fine."

"You don't know these people." I shook my head. "They're crazy."

"I have a feeling this is your hormones and annoyance speaking," he commented.

Oh, he did not just go there.

"I have a feeling you don't value your life," I snarked.

"What's the worse you can do?" He laughed. He laughed.

"Push you off the plane?"

"Right," he scoffed. "Good luck with that."

"Drug you, poison your coffee, strangle you," I listed.