Chapter 9

Avery's POV

Whilst Mila is dragging me along the floor my other leg hits a decent sized stick. I grab it and try to find the perfect momentum so the blow would be hard enough to knock her out for a second.

Once she's down I get back up and carry her to the car. I make sure she's comfy in the passenger seat before I put a seat belt around her and speed off.

It takes her another minute to come back to her senses and look over at me.

"We didn't say anything about using other objects. Otherwise I would have shot your foot." She grumbles and rubs the back of her head before hissing in pain when she locates the bump there.

"Exactly. We didn't discuss it therefore I could safely assume I was allowed to use a branch." I point out

"Hmm that's cheating. We need a rematch some day. I have some business to attend to tomorrow." The brunette replies sitting up a bit more.

"Oh? So I'll be seeing you again?" I ask with a raised brow and smile a little.

"Of course. I've got a few more jobs around the areas you'll be visiting. So I'm hoping to take you out on multiple romantic dates in different countries before we have to head back. Doesn't mean I won't find you and take you out on dates then." The older girl says with a wink and stretches in her seat.

"How far into the future have you planned all of this? Shit." I ask but my smile grows bigger at the fact that she wants to keep seeing me.

"I was picking out an engagement ring the other day. It was unsuccessful because I couldn't find a cute one." She jokes. Or I really hope she does.

I hum and nod before pulling up at her hotel.

"Wanna come in? If you won't try to kill me or pick a fight that is!" The brunette offers and bites her lip to brace herself for rejection.

"Only if you promise me the same thing" I reply and toss her the keys after we get out of the car and head back into her room.

She lets me enter the elevator first and as soon as the door closes I realise what's actually going on. I'm about to enter the most wanted woman's hotel room. Was she actually sent out to kill me? Am I going right into the trap?

Mila exits the elevator first and I follow her. Willingly. How stupid am I?

Once we're at the door the brunette looks over at me and smirks "last chance to back out" she whispers and leans closer to me.

"Oh no! Please. I want to see how this fantasy of yours plays out. There's no way in hell that I'll let you top me." I reply with a shrug. The girl rolls her eyes and pulls out her key card before swiping it to open the door. She moves out the way so I could go in first.

As soon as I step a foot in there's a knife flying right at me and before I can even react I'm in the hallway holding the keycard Mila must have given me in that split second before the door had shut on me.

I frown and lean closer to the door in attempt to hear anything on the other side but the walls are pretty soundproof.

"Oh yeah!" I hiss to myself and swipe the card to get in. Once I'm in I see Mila pinned against the window and her feet are barely touching the floor whilst some tall horribly bleached and spray tanned dude is strangling the brunette with both of his freakishly big hands. Mila is struggling to breathe at this point but is still trying to fight him off.

I try to think quick and think ahead so I pick up a heavy candle holder that was most likely Milas as it looked very vintage. I jump onto the guys back and start to hit him on the back of his head repeatedly until he lets go of the assassin and focuses on me.

Mila falls down to the floor and is gasping for air almost to a point where she's hyperventilating whilst rubbing her neck to soothe it.

All my attention is on the guy again who grabs my arm and yanks me in front of him and onto the nearby desk. The force that I'm thrown onto it is almost enough to break it but somehow it's still standing.

The Oompa Loompa looking guy is now grabbing me by the neck in attempt to strangle me. Someone's into this type of stuff too? If it was the hot woman currently hyperventilating on the floor strangling me I wouldn't mind that much going this way. But I can't die today. And not by this weirdo.

I manage to kick him in the face which only angers him and he's throwing me against the nearby wall. And then the bed frame. I try to get ahold of the candle holder again but it must have fallen onto the floor at this point. I try to grab around for anything sharp  but that's also not an option. Not gonna hit the guy with a pillow. And he'll move away too quick for me to suffocate him with one.

Before he's about to throw his first punch I see the desk chair flying straight for his back and head which makes him collapse on top of me. I kick him off of me and jump up to thank Mila.

Before I can say anything she whacks him on the head with an iron that was hidden in the hotel wardrobe. The force is enough to knock the Oompa Loompa out for a second so she uses the chance to open the window and tries to drag him towards it.

"Do you mind?" She growls and flares up at me and then back down at the bleached dude.

"Shit! Sorry!" I squeak and pick him up by the legs. Once he's half way out the window I step back and let Mila do the rest.

"This way it'll look like suicide. Or accidental fall." The brown eyed girl mumbles watching him fall before turning to me and frowning.

"Totally not what I had planned for us tonight." She says with a huff and closes the window.

"As if you had plans for us tonight." I mumble in response and giggle. When Mila's face stays the same I stop giggling and turn serious.

"Oh? You either knew I would be coming back with you today or you're a very quick thinker." I state and sit up on the window sill

The brunette smiles at me and stands between my legs "I mean I totally didn't plan this guy to show up out of nowhere looking for revenge most likely. But I did think we could just have some hot sex while we're here." She says nonchalantly and strokes my cheek. She frowns and hesitates before touching my bottom lip with her thumb.

"Then again I think we should take care of the cuts and bruises first!" She adds moving away from me and sucks on her thumb for a split second.

I turn back and look at my own reflection in the window to assess the damage. There's a cut on my cheekbone and my bottom lip where Mila had touched earlier. She was so gentle I didn't even flinch. Or it could have been the adrenaline.

"Yeah I look like a mess." I state more to myself and jump off the windowsill to dig through the mini bar. Once I find some cans of coke I pass a couple to Mila so she could take care of her bruises before I head into the bathroom to wash off the blood on my face. This time it stings.