Chapter 6: Glowing shapes of the sea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast was a grand affair. Atleast, it was for The raven haired boy who practically devoured everything off of the dining table.
He wore a loose white shirt, as he usually did ever since she commented on his preference of purple.

Annabeth stifled a laugh as she ate her bread.

"Tensions have been rising. And King Poseidon has the gall to blame us! He lost his heir, apparently they can't find him anywhere in the seven seas," Minerva gasped, reading her latest news report.

Annabeth listened very attentively. Her auntie rarely discussed these things with her or Malcom.

This time, she noted how the boy seemed uneasy. And how her brother Malcom had dropped his butter knife in surprise.

What was with these two? Were they worried about the state of the kingdom?

"Have they checked the connecting rivers and streams? The ocean is an enormous place, he could he anywhere," Annabeth asked.

"Exactly," Malcom said, backing her up.

"I do not care where the boy is. He could be anywhere! I'm more concerned about the fact that Poseidon might declare war, lest he doesn't find the boy," Queen Minerva slammed her glass of water on the table, sending its contents splashing all over herself.

"Look at what you've done!" she screamed to no one in particular, getting up and dusting herself off. She gave her sister's children one last exasperated look before storming out of the room.

"I think she's becoming senile," Annabeth remarked to her brother, who was staring behind the queen.

"When was she not?" he asked her.

Annabeth chuckled and went back to her breakfast. She noticed the boy looking at her, and she found herself looking anywhere but at him.

"You know she's just trying to hang out to her last thread of power. The kingdom wants you as their ruler and she's been running out of power since you turned 19," Malcom said, excusing himself from the table. He gave the boy a discreet look which Annabeth couldn't comprehend.

The boy and Annabeth had a silent meal. And departed.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Breakfast was hours ago. And Annabeth had taken her lunch privately in her room durning her day of 'princess lessons'

The day ending was a blessing. She had changed out of the hideous ball gown her aunt had given her, and into her comfortable riding clothes.