Epilogue: One

Six months later

Six months later

The Princess of Athens had a marvellous time exploring the ocean with the Son of Poseidon over the past few weeks.
They'd spent hours underwater, traversing through caves, corals and of course, doing important diplomatic work.

Annabeth smiled as she faced the sea, settling herself down on a little perch. She'd had it commissioned a few months ago. It was an oasis for both her and Percy, a place no one knew about. Where they could be themselves with the company of each other.

It had been a hectic month for her, plagued with constant stress and unending errands. She still bad a lot of work to do to undo the damage her aunt's reign had caused. Athen's economy was in turmoil, and its people were on the verge of hunger.

She was lucky however, to have powerful allies. The kingdom of Olympus, ruled by the freshly cornoated Luke and Thalia were kind enough to send her financial aid, as well as rations to distribute among herself.

Her reign was being celebrated as a new era in history, for which she was truly grateful. She'd often wondered whether her mother was looking down at her from the stars, proud of what her daughter managed to accomplish.

Her quest to restore her kingdom's glory was going to continue for years to come, but she knew she could do it. She had faith in herself.

Things were improvemt at a minuscule pace, yet her people were grateful for the change. According to her brother, her story was being heralded as local folklore. A fascinating tale of how the Princess of Athens and the son of Poseidon joined forces, ending a war and overthrowing a tyrant.

Speaking of the son of the sea....

Annabeth procured a dagger from her satchel, tossing into the sea before her. She leaned closer, watching its ripples cut through the once still waters as her bejewelled weapon sank.

She did not have to wait too long before she felt Percy's lips crash into hers without warning, sending her mind into a tailspin. She kissed him back eagerly, forgetting to breathe.