21

Bella and Nora sit by the fire, the sun setting around them as they watch the boys play. Bella has never seen Emmett or Jasper play as gently as they are now with Chevy; it's the night before the wedding and Sue is back at the Res while Charlie went out for some beers with the other officers. The girls decided to spend the night together so of course Edward and Bucky had to come too and Emmett hates feeling left out so he came a long, then everyone else ended up joining.

"Can you believe how far we've all come?" Bella muses.

Nora smiles. "I honestly can't. My kid is 2 and I still cant believe he's mine."

"Mines only 3 and she's already acting like a teenager." Bella huffs small. "Jake was so pissed when he picked her up this morning for their pack bonfire."

"He's so pissed at everything." Nora snaps. "He was so rude to Bucky, Buck tried to set a good tone and introduce himself but Jake snapped right from the first words. And he's still got it in his head that he can say what he wants about me and I'm supposed to listen." She tuts.

"Sounds about right

"Sounds about right." Bella shakes her head sighing. "How did dad react to James?"

"I totally thought he'd cop a strop but he seemed.... okay? He shook his hand and cracked jokes." Nora smiles. "Look at you buddy!" She gasps as Chevy holds the ball up.

Jasper scoops him up gently and runs with him. "He's running for a touchdown!" He calls as they run, Chevy giggling so hard as Jasper dramatically bumps into everyone and they all fall down just as dramatically as if Chevy bumped them. Chevy holds the ball up and throws it down as they reach the goal, everyone cheering loudly for them.

"He won!" Buck whistles. "That's my boy!"

"Oh thank god Jake isn't here to hear that." Nora mutters.

Bella is distracted behind them, looking towards the otherside of the yard - if that's what you could call the forest around the Cullen House. "Are you expecting anyone?" She asks her sister.

Nora looks over. "No..." she gasps and leaps up. "Embry! Quil!" She squeals, running towards them as fast as she can.

They grin and catch her, the three of them hugging. "Hey stranger." Quil says as they pull away, Paul, Seth, Brady and Jared behind them. "Mind if we join?"

"Not at all!" She grins. "Have you guys seen Chev lately?"

"Nah, Jake keeps him awfully private." Embry rolls his eyes.

Nora rolls hers. "You guys are his family, you should get to see him. I'll make sure you get to see more of him. For now, you better go wrestle him off Buck and Jasper."

"Oooo Nora has a boyfrieeeeend." Embry sings as they jog ahead.

She blushes deeply, Buck meeting her half way. "Why are you hugging those remarkably tall, muscled men?" He asks half teasing.