For good measure - W.M.

Oh my god, would you look at me being active. I'll work on the requests soon, promise!

TW: none

-----------------------------------------

"Ow..."

Her hand shook a little, as her face winced underneath her at the feel of the alcohol, and she said meekly, "Sorry."

"Ow!"

"Sorry..." she was trying to hide how each cry of pain was going straight to her heart, even if they were a little exaggerated.

"Ow!" Wanda cried, looking up at her with a glare.

"Ok, ok! I'm done!" she tossed the offending cotton pad to the side, reaching for some gauze, starting to wrap it around her head wound and sighed in relief. "Does it hurt?"

Her eyes fell close in relief as the assault of the alcohol went away. "A little, you should see the other guy though."

She scoffed under her breath, cutting the gauze and putting it snuggly into place. "I'm gonna have to change that daily for about a week, ok?" Leaning down in front of her, she checked her face for any other injuries.

"Not complaining," she opened her eyes and winked at her lazily.

"Stop flirting, Maximoff," she sighed and sat down, reaching for a pad of paper and a pen. "Headache? Nausea? Ringing in the ears?"

"Nope," she ignored the way her heart started to pick up as y/n leaned in closer to her, looking straight into her eyes. For a minute, she thought that her dreams were finally going to come true and she licked her lips in preparation.

But alas, a small penlight suddenly shone into her eyes and she cursed at the intrusion.

Clicking it off, she tucked away and wrote something on her paper, "Your pupils look fine too. Feeling tired? Pain around the eyes?"

"No, just a little pain-"

"Where?" her eyes snapped up worriedly, cursing herself for missing anything.

She smirked and sent her another wink, "In my poor, poor broken heart."

"You're a menace," she grumbled, picking up a pair of tweezers to take out the little shards of glass embedded into her arms, another abominable cotton pad in her other hand. "I'll try not to pinch your skin too much, alright?"

"Why won't you go out with me?" she asked, looking down at her delicate work with wonder.

Placing a shard into the little tray beside her, she pressed some alcohol into the wound. "I'm still your doctor, Wanda."

"I'd show you a good time," she winced a little as she caught some of her skin and she mumbled a little apology.

"I have no doubt about that," she said absentmindedly, a frown on her forehead as she focused on prying out a particular piece that had burrowed its way quite deep into Wanda's arm.

"We'd go bowling."

"Just an excuse to cop a feel of course," she let out a triumphant ha, underneath her breath as the glass came out, holding it in front of her eyes to see it better. "I got you, you little fucker."

Wanda snorted, "Who said I wanted to cop a feel? I know you kill at bowling."

"This is extremely unprofessional miss Maximoff."

"The human resources department is kinda in shambles right now," she said with a small shrug and continued on. "Anyways, we'd probably order the whole menu, the greasier the better and-"

"Those 'greasier the better' treats are extremely detrimental to your heart health," she poured some more alcohol on a fresh pad.

Wanda chuckled, "Well, let's see how long you can keep from finishing off the chili-cheese fries with me."

"Who said I was gonna hold back?" She reached into her pocket and brought out a pair of glasses so she could see better. "Can't let good food go to waste like that."

"Well, anyways," she sent her a pointed look. "You'll probably kick my ass a few times-"

"Damn straight."

"And you know I'm a sore loser so I'll distract ya and kiss your cheek," her eyes softened at the image that was in her head for a while. "So, you'll screw up a little."

She let out a relieved sigh as she finished her work, checking over her arm for any missed pieces, and started to wrap it up, "I want you here every two days, you hear me? We can't have this getting infected."

"You're seriously not listening to a word I'm sayin' are you?" Wanda asked, hiding her sad heart behind a teasing tone and a toothy grin.

"No," her chest tightened at that. "I am. Keep going."

"Well, anyways," heat rose to her face and she looked down at her lap to make it a little easier. "I'd walk you home and-uh...dunno, wanted to wrap my arm around your waist, hold ya real close to me. Would you let me?"

"Did you cop a feel at the bowling alley?"

"Probably not, depends on if you wore those jeans of yours."

"Well, I'd want you to hold me like that," she said simply, averting her eyes away in much the same way Wanda had moments before as she packed away her supplies.

She smiled gently at that, "Would you let me kiss you? All nice and proper like a gentleman? Well woman in this case."

"Most likely...yes," she seemed to be extremely interested in wrapping and unwrapping the gauze in her kit, even though she had confessed to her many times that dealing with gauze was probably her least favourite thing to do...ever.

"Good," she dared a glance in her direction, wanting to see y/n's reaction to her next words. "I'd-uh, kiss you real soft and...ya know, kiss you again just for good measure. Make sure I'm not dreamin' stuff up again."

"Dreaming?" Y/n looked up at her with a confused expression on her face.

Under the heat of y/n's gaze and the vulnerability she looked back down at her hands, wanda's knuckles bandaged and stinging at the antibacterial cream she'd put on them. "We only kiss once, I always wake up 'fore I can get a second one in."

Her jaw fell open in surprise, stuttering to get a grip on her words, "Oh...I-uh, Wanda.."

She looked up and gave her a meek smile, "Yeah, sorry, too much?"

In an instant her face was mere centimetres away from wanda's, y/n's lips brushing dangerously against hers as she leaned in and kissed her softly. y/n's hands were cupping both sides of wanda's face, careful of the recent bruising and cuts there that she'd already memorized.

Pulling back moments later she giggled happily, her eyes still closed, "Anywhere else you need me to check over?"

"Yeah, honey," she murmured, loving the gentle, nervous rhythm of her heart, as she cupped the back of her head and pressed her lips against hers again.

Just for good measure.