15~ Parent's Night Out

"So wait what's wrong? I thought you really liked Bryce." I asked Remi.

She sighed and flopped down on the couch. "I don't know. He's a great guy. He calls me at least once a day sometimes twice. He buys me flowers and takes me out on dates. He's nice and sweet. I don't know why but I just don't feel the same. I feel distant"

"Well sometimes you just fall out with a person. It's perfectly natural."

"Am I going insane? This guy is literally every girls dream. Good looking, kind, and the perfect gentleman. It's like he's trying too hard and it's hard for me to keep feelings for him. Time just seems to drag on around him." She ranted and put her head in her hands.

I sat down next to her a rubbed her back. "You are not insane. Maybe he's just not the right guy for you. One day you will find one. It just might not be Bryce."

"It's not that, Cora. I've known the guy pretty much my entire life. He's doing everything right and I don't want to be the girl who breaks him." She admitted.

"Then tell him that"

"It's not that simple" She groaned and stood up again.

"Why can't it be? I'm sure he'll understand Rem. Have you met the guy? There's not a single thing that can make him angry or upset."

"That's the problem. I almost want him to be angry at me. I want him to blame everything on me."

I gave her a questionable look. "Rem, why?"

She threw her hands up in exasperation. "I don't know. I guess it's easier for me to think he's angry at me, than for me to think I hurt him"

"Remi, I think you just need to talk to him. Tell him how you feel or just break up with the guy. I know that's not really what you want but it might be what needs to happen" I stood up to stand next to her.

"Yeah I know" She sighed.

"Oh some real deep girl shit is going on in here" Carter said as he walked into the kitchen.

I growled in frustration. "Carter Maverick Barnes"

"Cora Maeve Barnes" He copied me.

We just stood there across the counter and glared at each other.

"Jeez you guys are acting like you're in some old western movie" Remi broke the silence and hopped up on the counter next to me.

I looked up at her with a smile and rolled my eyes playfully at her comment.

"Ha you broke eye contact, I win" He turned around to the cabinets and started pulling stuff out.

"And I thought Coop was childish"

He pulled out cereal and milk. He made himself a bowl of cereal before stuffing a huge spoonful in his mouth.

"Cereal?" Remi asked. "It's like two o'clock"

He shoved another bite in his mouth and shrugged. "Any time is cereal time"

She laughed at him. "I'll take your word for it, I've never had it after breakfast."

"Do you want a bowl?" He asked.

She looked at me as if she was asking my permission if she could have one. I shrugged. "Go for it."

She hopped off the counter and walked around it next to Carter. He handed her a bowl and she began eating the cereal.

"Great now I want cereal" I said and made myself a bowl.

Dad walked in the front door. "What are you doing having a cereal party?" He laughed as he walked over to us. "Oh hey Remi" he waved at her.

"Wow Dad. Favorite daughter over here feeling very ignored" I waved at him.