Chapter 58

Chapter 58

Katie

"And cut! Great job, guys! Why don't we take fifteen?"

I walked out of the frame.

"Oh, and Katie?"

"Yeah?"

The director jogged closer. "Can you try to bring out more emotion in the next scene?" I furrowed my brows. "I mean, not that the last shot was bad, it was good, but you know... it could do better."

"Uh-huh. Well, okay. Sure, no problem. I'll work on it."

"You're the best. Thanks, Katie!" he jogged back to the cameras and observed the screen, "Yeah, no, 86 that clip."

"Hi, Katie, here's your water."

I looked down at the bottle of water in her hand, "What is that supposed to be for?"

"For you?"

I raised my brows.

"For drinking?" she suggested.

"Caliya?" I called out.

"Hold on one second, I'll call you back," she dropped a phone call and walked over to us.

"Yes, Katie? What happened?"

"Haven't you told this new assistant that I only drink Evian in a glass?"

"I have told you, haven't I, Lindsay?"

"Yes, but-"

"Then why is it still in a bottle?" I asked exasperated.

"I'll, uh," her lips quivered. "I'll transfer it in a glass."

"Go." She scrammed away to look for a glass. I let out a disgruntled sigh.

"Hey, wasn't that a bit too much?" Caliya asked.

"Don't question me, Caliya. You're just my manager." I gave her a once-over; she looks ridiculous. "Honestly? You could've done a better job hiring a good assistant. And, for the record, I wasn't being hard on her. I'm just giving her enough motivation to improve. You know I can't stand incompetence."

She opened her mouth to say something but I walked past her to go to hair and make-up. I sat in front of a vanity and the crew worked on my next look.

I scrolled through Instagram and saw a photo posted by Axel. Some food and several glasses of red wine. Which restaurant was this? I don't think I've seen it before. I zoomed on the background to figure out where it was but the bulbs of the vanity next to mine suddenly lighted up.

"Bloody hell, those are bright."

I glanced to my left and saw Dean covering his eyes.

"Hangover?"

"Yes, a bad one."

"Was it about Laura?"

He squinted at me, offended, "It's Lauren, and forgive me if I don't want to talk about it."

"Hey, I'm just trying to help out."

"You've done enough."

I uncrossed my legs, "What does that mean?"

"I meant your concern is enough support, thank you."

Bullshit. I wanted to say but thought against it.

I focused back on my phone and dissected Axel's post. The caption said Good food, good company. That's it? No hashtags? No people tagged? And hidden likes and comments?