Part 16 - Family...

At the hospital, Yejin was in a light sleep. She had an argument with her boyfriend, and she didn't like that. Songho was on the sofa, texting on his mobile for hours. He was just like Yejin, annoyed to have had a dispute, even more with her girlfriend in that state.

The door slowly opened, attracting Mr Kim's gaze. He stood up and his face became dark, reflecting his anger. He stopped thinking and slapped harshly the visitor who fell on the floor, waking up Yejin.

Mr Kim: What the F*** are you doing here!

Mrs Son: Songho... stop! What are you doing!

Mr Kim: ...

Mr Kim had his fist ready to punch his son once again. He controlled himself only for Yejin. She wanted to stand up to help Jungkook, but her belly was too painful. The young boy kneeled in front of them.

Jungkook: Mrs Son, Dad, please accept my apologies. I didn't want that to happen, I am deeply sorry

Mr Kim: Being sorry will not change what you did!

Yejin was touched to see Jungkook here, sincerely apologizing for his bad decision. She knew since the restaurant that he was regretting his choice. He tried to help them to escape, was even beaten for that by her ex-husband. For sure she was hurt, physically and emotionally but she couldn't have resentment toward that child.

 For sure she was hurt, physically and emotionally but she couldn't have resentment toward that child

Jungkook: I know, it's the worst thing that I did in my life...

Mr Kim: Get out of here, I don't want to see your face! (He grabbed Jungkook by his collar and was about to punch him again.)

Mrs Son: Songho... you can't do that, don't touch him! (Mr Kim didn't hit him but kept his grab.) You're not like that, don't be like that... if you hit him, I will break up with you!

Mr Kim let go of his son and faced Yejin. She was threatening him, only to save Jungkook even after what he did to her. The teenager was speechless too. Why that woman was continuously protecting him? He was nothing to her, he never show interest even less respect to her, but she treated him like someone important, like her own son.

Mr Kim: I need some fresh air!

Mrs Son: Songho... please... 

Mr Kim went outside, he needed to calm down. Jungkook was looking down, not knowing what to do. 

Mrs Son: Jungkook, come here please... (He approached.) How are you feeling? Your face is swollen... your father has his temper... Does the wounds hurt a lot?

Jungkook: I'm sorry... I didn't know... I shouldn't have act like a jerk, you didn't deserve that...

Mrs Son: You're right, you are a stupid brat! (He looked at her.) What? You don't know but I always say what I think. Honesty is the key in every relationship. And to be honest, I don't want you to show pity to us. As I said to Taehyung, I won't accept your apologies if it's not for the good reason!