𝒙𝒊. romeo and juliet

CHAPTER ELEVEN, romeo and juliet

CHAPTER ELEVEN,
romeo and juliet.

━━━━ "WHY did you text me to come over?" Averie asked climbing through his room window making her way towards his bed.

ashtray got up from his desk with a sigh watching as averie sat down on his bed. "ashtray, are you alright?" Averie asked her eyebrows knitting together as she waited for a response.

ashtray sat down across from her, their eyes locking, simply letting each other be the solution instead of speaking words. "come on." ashtray stood up sticking his hand out for averie to grab.

once their hands intertwined averie followed him to his backyard where there were three bottles sitting on top of fezco's car. Ashtray walked behind averie as he took a gun out of his pocket, cocking it and making sure there were enough bullets inside of it before handing it over to averie who's eyes widen.

"holy shit." she breathed out as she took the gun away from his hands holding it in hers, examining it inch by inch. something about guns always fascinated her, is in her genes since this would be the exact same way her dad would have reacted.

"consider this as me wanting you to forgive me, completely." ashtray said, him himself was nervous. he was nervous, someone who didn't have any other emotion in himself other than care for his brother was nervous around a girl who he likes more than anything and wants to be with her.

"ash i already forgave you." Averie said turning around to stand in front of ashtray who came back in his senses rolling his eyes, "fine then we can go watch a—"

"fuck that i still wanna learn how guns work. the fuck." Averie snapped pulling the gun close to her body causing ashtray to quickly pull it back.

"first, don't do that shit again. knowing you, you would be stupid enough to pull the trigger while it's close to you and kill yourself." Ashtray said watching averie turn back around to face the bottles of beer.

Averie held the gun like how she would see her dad hold it. her right hand settled on the gun, with her pointer finger on the trigger and her left hand cupping the right hand on the bottom, both of her thumbs settles on the side of the gun.

"can i just shoot?" averie asked ashtray who put his hands up in surrender taking a deep back, averie grinned widely at this as she prepared herself. as she took a deep breath in, her eyes closed for a second before reopening them taking a deep breath out firing away.

Ashtray walked behind her, placing his own hands on the gun ontop of her hand. she turned her head to the side, her eyes looking from his eyes down to his lips as she watched him concentrate on getting a good angle on the bottles.

he felt her gaze on him so he tilted his head to the side and a little down to look at averie who locked her brown eyes with his. a memory of averie talking to Faye repeating inside of her mind.

"ava—" Faye cut averie off who was ranting out ashtray and other boys that she used to like, telling her how she feels like she isn't worth anything how she doesn't feel like that.

"Faye, for the love of god, it's averie." She said closing her eyes wiping away tears that slipped out of her eyes.

Faye rolled her eyes not really caring if she got her name wrong or right, "Ava, you should see how you look at him, you're worth so much more than you think you are." Faye said drowsily, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"you only need one boy to show you that and although it might take time, I have a feeling it's going to be," Faye looked behind Averie's shoulder towards the boy who was talking with fezco about business, "him."

it is him. it was always him, even when they were eleven and twelve years old, it was ashtray who she always liked. no matter how much she didn't want it to be, even after all those years, it was always going to lead back to him.

but she didn't want to ruin it right now.

she put the gun down, pulling away from his hold of her. "let's go watch a movie." averie said slightly disappointed that something could have happened, something could have changed but it was beginning.

he took the gun from her, wondering if he did something or if she just didn't want the same thing that he did. but neither less nodded his head placing the gun back inside of his waistband following her inside to his room as she roamed through the channels trying to find something to watch.

sometimes in the middle of the movie averie fell asleep, this time texting her dad that she was going to stay over at a friends house. and soon after he did as well, for the first time in a while he slept well.

all because he had the girl that has completely turned his whole world upside down, next to him.