xxiv. a miracle in miniature

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR:'you were the greatest ally a silly little girl like me could've hoped for

'you were the greatest ally a silly little girl like me could've hoped for.'

A MIRACLE IN MINIATURE。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:

..."IT HAS TAKEN VALERIA TARGARYEN twenty years to renounce her whorish ways, and though I don't believe in miracles I must admit how very wrong I've been." A brackish wind whipped at Lord Varys's face as he spoke into the night, his brash and scandalous words bound to no one as he prepared to marry the strange pair before him — their secret union the stuff of whispers, cloaked into classification by the sheer and utter darkness around them. "I never thought I'd see her so devotedly bound to another like I see her now, let alone married to them." He mused, earning a concerned look from Valeria — who was not quite so amused by the trajectory of his remarks, rather worried that he may be about to divulge a little too much detail regarding her previous...relations... "But I digress." He caught Valeria's gaze, a playful understanding shining bright in his amethyst eyes. "Tis not so strange, perhaps. Dragons and giants roam this earth, and yet the only mystery that confounds me yet is how in God's name you convinced her to do this. You Starks aren't exactly disgustingly rich, and you hold no title Valeria has not already earned for herself. The only other thing I could possibly have put it down to would be the size of your —." He turned to Arya, his next words lost to the ages as Valeria could no longer stop the bell—like, manic, laugh that escaped her lips, silencing him with her poorly timed delight. "— but you don't have one."

"Please don't, Varys." Valeria made her final interjection with healthy doses of both venom and amusement, meeting Varys's eyes as she flashed him a subtly malevolent, yet deeply entertained look. "Indulge me and behave for fifteen minutes."

"Quit this censure, Valeria." Arya interjected, her own abject amusement at this interaction by no means secret as she flashed Valeria what could only be described as a truly shit—eating grin. "I want to hear what the man has to say."

"You disgusting little pervert." Valeria gaped at her, horrified yet delighted — a great creator watching the instrument of their genius slowly become sentient. She, in some twisted sense, had made this Arya, and though she'd never admit she did it, Valeria silently congratulated herself on the achievement. "I'll tell you later." With a quirk of Valeria's brow, Arya was quickly silenced — their collective attentions hung solely on each other until another, less amused, figure piped up;