Chapter 6 - The Announcement

"We had already discussed and made an official announcement to the board and the business associates in the conference this morning." Ae said.

"And after everyone's consent on the fact that this will not affect the business, we are ready to make this announcement out to the public." Manop added.

By this time Ohm and Nanon were both getting impatient. Their edginess could be seen in their continuous shaking legs, biting nails and roaming eyes. They both understood that it was something that only they didn't know. All the other elders present in the party were aware about it already.

Chimon arched his eyebrow at Aim who shrugged in return not understanding what suspense they are trying to create.

"This month we are going to tie the knot between our two families and make this relationship stronger." Manop said.

Ohm, Nanon and Chimon all turned to look at Aim with shocked expressions who was staring at her dad on the stage. The prawn she was chewing on was visible in her open mouth.

Aim being the only girl, they assumed will marry off to Nanon or Chimon.

"Mom, how is that possible? Aim is like our little sister." Nanon turned to his mom and said in a low tone so that nobody outside the table could hear it. He was highly annoyed but was trying to keep his expressions calm.

"Yes mom, and she is not even an adult yet. And neither am I... If that's what it means. No... No, no, no, no, no!" Chimon added. His expressions terrified. He was almost sure that it was him who was supposed to marry Aim, as Nanon is too old for her. The thought itself scared him as he always considered Aim as his sister.

Aim was still gaping at each and every person on the table and on the stage.

"M-me? Getting M-married?" she muttered with her stuffed mouth, unable to swallow anything.

"I Object." Ohm said firmly looking at his mom now.

"This is not a courtroom. Objection overruled." Chimon said. Everyone on the table glared at him. "S-s-sorry." He muttered.

Ple and Yui looked at each other and the panicked faces of their kids.

"Ohm, Nanon..." Ae said, "Please come on the stage."

They both looked at each other confused and then slowly got up and walked up the stage.

Ae and Manop made them stand in the center and stood to the side of their sons.

"This is unconventional, but not impossible. We announce the betrothal of Ohm and Nanon. The wedding will be by the end of this month, that is in next fifteen days."

"WHAT?!?!?!" Both Ohm and Nanon said out loud and glared at their respective fathers, wide eyed.

"Uhh... This is a bit too sudden for both of them and they didn't expect us to announce like this." Manop tried to cover up for the yelled expression.

"And so I want you all to enjoy the delicacies today on the occasion of their birthday and engagement. And let's give the couple some privacy." Ae said smiling wide.

Both the fathers gently pushed their sons to stand together. Ohm and Nanon could not understand anything and were still glaring at their dads.

"Smile please." The photographer came and snapped the pictures of the four gentleman on the stage. Ohm and Nanon stared blankly into the flashlights before Nanon felt nauseous.

"Uhmbh..." he muttered as he tried to stop himself from puking on the stage with his palm on his mouth.

"Nanon, go to the restroom dear." Manop said rubbing his back and Nanon rushed up the stairs.