2:10

Melody had seen the familiar little uninteresting Kia base model car in the parking lot of Ruby's building as they bundled into the cab, and knew Cyrus was right behind them as they headed to their next destination. Melody was a little glad to have the grumpy wolf around in case anything went wrong. She was doing her best to ignore her fears that lingered just below the surface. Once you've been kidnapped, only a hundred meters from safety it's hard to forget that danger could be anywhere ever again.

The girls were dropped off on a nondescript street downtown. Most of the block occupied by a very functional parking garage and old industrial looking buildings. Minnie had Rena by the hand as she nearly ran down to the mouth of a side street, Ruby had Delia and Melody linked by each of her elbows as she strode, confident on her tall heels making her tower higher than she already was after the happy couple.

Everyone carefully made their way down the stairs of the side alley to a red door, in a black frame. A single light over the door, outlining a very large, broad and muscular, bald man manning the door in only a tshirt with no jacket despite the chill. Melody ended up standing next to him as the girls waited to be let in, or asked to be let in. Melody wasn't sure how it worked. Melody saw him look at her, notice the mark on her neck. His pupils dilating just slightly in the dim light, as he ever so subtly deferred to her rank as his own extra warm body heat warmed Melody's legs as she stood next to him. He wasn't wolf, but he was shifter. Melody was sure of it. What the fuck kind of club were her human friends bringing her to?

Rena and Minnie tangled themselves together as Minnie looked at the bouncer with large puppy dog eyes, "Can we go in this weekend Gary?" Her bottom lip plumping out as she finished her request. It did look tempting, and even more so, as Rena took her plump lip in her teeth dragging Minnie into a heated kiss.

The bouncer looked at Melody again, winking at her so only Delia was able to catch it. "I'm feeling generous tonight girls, go on in." Rena, Minnie, Ruby and Delia went in first, and the bouncer stopped Melody just long enough to whisper the question bodyguard? In her ear. "Cyrus" She said, low enough that her friends wouldn't hear over the ambient music spilling out of the club. But easily heard by any shifter. Melody saw him nod as she continued her step. Only a heartbeat had passed. But now Cyrus would be inside too. It made Melody glad in a way she didn't think she would feel.

Melody followed her friends into the dark club and finally into view of where Alexander and Guillermo could see her again. As the door shut behind her and Melody followed her friends to the bar for their first drink out. Cyrus arrived, out of breath, in front of the red door outlined in black. "I need inside" he said, as he caught his breath. He hadn't been able to find any parking, and had run way too fast too far in his human form.

Gary, the bouncer laughed. "The only way another wolf is getting in that club tonight is if they know the one name I want to hear." Gary smiled up at the unusually tall wolf, who had finally stood up to his full height after catching his breath. It had been so long since Gary had needed to look up at anyone. Aside from the boss. As he eyed the man in front of him, he couldn't help but lick his lips. Oh it had been too long since someone tempted his beast like this.

Cyrus racked his brain, he might only have one chance before being rejected. Bouncers could be temperamental on power. Did he want Melody's name? Alexander's? Or something else. Cyrus looked at the exceptionally sturdy bald man in front of him. Liking the sharp cut to the angle of his prominent eyebrows. Cyrus could smell the beast on the man in front of him. Bear shifter without question. Which meant he knew who and what Melody was by scent and her mark. The bear knew she was a Luna and so, he went with the only name that would make sense to let in after her. "Cyrus. Her bodyguard."

Cyrus watched as the man in front of him smiled. "Cyrus. I like that." and a shiver went down his spine hearing his name fall from the bear's lips. "If you finish your job early, I'm off at three. I'd love to meet up." he paused, and smiled again, "Cyrus." The way his name fell from Gary's lips did something deep inside Cyrus' gut. Making him feel things he hadn't felt in a long time. Not since his mate died.