2:31

Josephine and the elite teams did exactly what they had set out to do. They had moved so efficiently that they had knocked out most of the command structure entirely before the hyenas had a chance to even sound an alarm to warn the others that their doom was coming.

Any who did not actively fight, were given the choice to end their days there and now or move semi willingly to an enclave Josephine had been working on for far longer than Alexander had realized. To Josephine, Melody was just another target, one of far too many in a larger pattern. One that Josephine had been working to end on her own long before Melody had even been born.

Alexander was in awe as Guillermo filled him in on the progress during a rather social seeming jog several weeks after the incident; which was all Alexander could bring himself to say about it all. Still working on it with his therapist. But things were going better. He was focusing on being a dad, and decided to take up carpentry. If he was going to live in an ancient craftsman house, he might as well learn to take care of it and repair it as needed himself.

Then he could build furniture maybe in the barn, since it turned out Melody wasn't into the idea of actually having livestock. Gardens first she had said, then maybe chickens someday. Or bunnies. For pets not food she had specified, which did not make Flint overly happy at her plans for a petting zoo instead of a dinner bowl for him.

Melody's pregnancy was a healthy one, and early on was confirmed to be twins. Melody despaired as she grew larger and larger. She looked like a goddess to Alexander who made sure to worship his goddess frequently and often. Liam and Kenzie were born just as Alexander got an intrusive mindlink from an overly excited Dan that their home was done enough to move in, and figure out what else needed upgrading. Dan had thought he might have won the race and managed to be done before the babes were born. Close, but Liam came into the world two minutes before Dan's message. But three minutes before Kenzie came into the world. Eyes wide and eager to look around in the bright lights of the world.

So perhaps, since he finished before Kenzie was born, he had met his goal. Alexander was in a good mood, and congratulated Dan on finishing on schedule. Before locking his mind back down hard to be with Melody and their newest children. As Alexander fawned over his sons, he wondered if they would be his last. Four kids was a big family for modern humans. He would never ever admit it out loud; Their family size was completely up to Melody, especially since money wasn't ever going to be an issue for them. But he could barely breathe thinking Liam and Kenzie might be his last newborns. That this would be the last time he would have this moment with Melody and a new baby.

Maybe just one more. He silently thought to himself. Flint nodding along with him inside his head. Maybe just one more. Both boys shared Alexander's eyes, Wolf and man looking at their alpha queen, two perfect, alpha sons at her breasts. Alexander's mom leading James and Ansely in to meet their new brothers.

"Does anyone else hear that voice?" Melody had asked, looking dazed in the early moments after birth. No one paid her any mind, anyone would be a little out of sorts after delivering full term healthy, large twin boys.

"I need to go outside Alexander, I want sunshine and fresh air, and just thirty minutes of only being Melody." Melody was exhausted, twins was a level of mom she didn't feel ready for. It had been four weeks since the boys were born. Melody felt like she had barely had a moment to herself, she wanted to feel the wind on her skin and hear nothing but the sounds of woods as she walked one trail. Exercise was good for her, would help her heal.

Alexander called his mother, Lark, and Raven over, before he felt comfortable being left with all the children. Melody had not been impressed that he wanted so much backup, but she wasn't going to argue if it got her what she wanted. A little moment of freedom. Melody stayed, essentially feeding the boys until Alexander's reinforcements had all arrived. Lark had come in first, and without asking curled around Melody and French braided her loose wavy hair out of Melody's face, before making faces at her nephews. Personal space wasn't a thing Lark understood when infants were in the room. Melody would have found her lack of boundaries intrusive at one point, but with Lark it never felt that way. Melody was humming as Lark's nimble fingers quickly braided her hair out of her face.