Chapter 26

⚠EXPLICIT AND GRAPHIC DO NOT READ IF YOU SENITIVE TO ANY TRIGGERS⚠

Noah's POV:

As we headed back to my pack, I couldn't help but feel the pain in my chest grow more and more with every step of the way, my tears running down my face landing onto my mate's lifeless face then running down the sides of his cheeks making it look like he was crying as well. "I'm so sorry baby, I wasn't there to protect you" I sobbed hearing my voice crack.

"Noah... you tried your best-" Keira said trying to comfort me, which only angered me more.

"But my best wasn't good enough..." I retorted; she pursed her lips not letting another word out and looked down at little Ella. It was better that she didn't say anything, I don't wanna cause more pain than I already have done. A second later, Axel was next to me holding Ella, Keira must have given her to him, "I know you're blaming yourself but it's not your fault Noah" Axel stated making me look at him with shock on my face, how did he know that I was blaming myself, oh wait, that's because it is my fault. "How do I know, it's because I've known u since we were both kids and I know that face anywhere, and it's not your fault, his uncle was the one who hurt him, you tried to save him and we nearly did but we need to get back to our pack and make sure he has the best ceremony" I looked at him and smiled small and nodded, I felt a lump in my throat making me unable to speak. These last few days have been eventful.

~~~

Keira's POV:

I gave little Ella to Axel because this book has this strange alluring aura to it. Drawing me to it as soon as I grabbed it off the bookshelf in the house like there is something there that wants to communicate with me that might be helpful or intriguing. But I couldn't look at this now, no matter how tempting it is, Theo is more important at this point. "We will arrive home at nightfall" Noah mumbled which led to Axel broadcasting it to the rest of the wolves who have survived the fight. Once we are back at their pack, this book will be my research and see what it contains. There could be something for Theo or anyone.

Hours have passed by, and my feet are killing me, however I can see the walls that surrounded where the pack was. We entered the gates, and everyone ran to us and whispers and gasps were heard seeing Theo in Noah's arms, they cleared a path for us and bowed their head showing respect to their Alpha and to Theo who was going to be their next Luna, I followed behind Axel and then I saw a woman go to him and hold his hand. I'm guessing that's his mate? Seconds later they kissed and held each other as close as possible. Definitely mates.

~~~

Noah's POV:

Everything that I had for us... can never happen. The child that we have... we can't raise together. All the places I wanted to show... will be left hidden. My love that I had for him... will always be remembered. My world was filled and now its crumbled in my hands. I laid him on the couch and quickly ran upstairs to my room and locked the door, I couldn't show my face or even be around anyone. Suddenly a knock was sounded at my door "What?!" I said losing my cool a bit.

"It's Katie Noah. I'm so sorry, can I please come in?"

"No" I said coldly and she didn't respond. After a while I heard more footsteps and whispering. They were mostly talking about me but I don't care. Things are shit, I feel like I don't deserve to be here. I'm just gonna sleep and hopefully never wake up...

~~~

Katie's POV:

It's been a few days since everyone has arrived since finding Theo, my heart's shattered seeing him laying there, on the cracked, cold stone that has been surrounded with lit candles. The wax has been melting since they arrived and most of the wax melted down the sides... but it gets used for every death we have here. I couldn't leave his side no matter what, I couldn't, after the way we were at first, I've never been able to get to know him fully, there was something about him that he always had hidden, I just wish I could talk to him more... but its too late. "He's not in pain anymore babe" I turned around and saw Axel walking in through the double doors.

"I-I know but, I feel like we never got along or even had the time to talk... I just wish we had more time" I felt a lump appear in my throat making it harder for me to talk, my mouth opened but no words left. I felt my eyes water and I was pulled into Axels arms, that feeling of his arms wrapping around me was the key to letting my tears fall. "I miss him" was the only thing that left my trembling lips.

"Me too baby, me too..."

~~~

Keira's POV:

"You can rest here for now" stated one of the wolves, who I found out was named Josh, "And I'm sorry about Theo, I'm the one who was partly to blame for all of this to happen" before I could ask him why, he left closing the door behind him leaving me in the candle lit room. "Ok research time" I stated to myself and open the book that I took from the shelf. The book was in a language that I could barely decipher but I could make out a few words, there were a few titles on the first page, some saying, charms, protection, potions and spells. When I flicked through each page there was only one word that I couldn't make out which was anastasis that one page drawn me to it the most but why. "I see you reading the enchantment spells" A woman said behind me. As I turned around it was an old woman, with a wooden stick to help her walk, she sat on a well-crafted stool in front of me and smiled "my name is Cora, I'm the Elder of this pack, and a witch as well. Its strange to see another witch in one lifetime"

"Wait you're a witch as well?" I asked with a surprised look on my face, which she nodded. "I need your help; I don't understand some of these words and this one page is pulling me to know"

"My child that page will bring people back from their fated death or if not so fated death, but you need to realise that if I life is given, then a life must be taken, are you willing to take another person's life when you whisper the sacrifices name" I looked at her and nodded. "Well then let's get to practicing, I know that Theo wasn't meant to be fated this quickly. But the moon Goddess always has her reasons"

It felt like hours sitting there trying to know each word that was written on that page, knowing how to pronounce each word, from what Cora stated that one word said wrong can change the hole spell, I'm not risking it. I just hope this works.

For everyone's sake, but more Noah's.