36.

"Wife..." The silver-haired male said as he slowly approached the ravenette who was brushing her hair in front of her vanity mirror inside their 'shared' bedroom. They ended up sharing a room but not a bed as it is stated in the contract and of course, Den would not budge from Mikey's childish whims. She is using the bed as the man insisted that he would be using the couch beside the bed. 

Well, it's not like the woman would know in the first place that the man is secretly sleeping beside her without her knowing. Den is a heavy sleeper as that is what he observed from the days they've been sharing a room and she also usually wakes up later than him so she would not really know any of his schemes.

"Hmm?" She responded as she looked at the man through the mirror. The man has his usual look, emotionless face but you can see his bottomless emotions through his obsidian eyes. 

"I need to go to this party at the end of the month..." He stated, that his voice is like he did not want to continue whatever he needed to say. Den thought that it was so unlike the usually confident and I don't give two shits mood of Manjiro "Mikey" Sano. The woman then stopped whatever she is doing and faced the man.

"And what seems to be the problem with that? It's not like I would not give you any permission. Wait, you're... not asking me to give you permission right?" Den said as she looks at the man weirdly.

'Weird. So weird... I mean why is he like this? Is he really asking for my permission?' The woman thought.

"Well... It would be better if it's like that..." The man said "Fuck this, I need you to come with me. You can say no if you want, I don't want to push you." He added as he turns around and sits on the couch.

Den then looks at the man more strangely (if that's even possible), she could not understand the changes in mood of the man in front of him. 

'Is he going mental? Should I ask Koko to contact a psychiatrist?' She thought as she tries to grab her phone from the vanity table.

"Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like I'm insane." Mikey said with a straight face.

'I--...' Den then stands up, forgetting her main objective of callings someone for help.