CH 18

Camilla's POV

Matteo captures my lips in a rough and hungry kiss. I pull him closer, wanting to finally mate with him.

But just like before, he pulls himself away from me. I look at him and wonder why he stopped.

"Matteo?"

He looks to me, and it finally dawned to me that he was hesitant in taking me and making me his. But what is he hesitant for? He accepts me, he finally knows I am his real mate.

The air shift and there was now tension radiating out of me.

"Get out."

"Cam-"

"Get out!" I scream

I leave my bed and storm to my bathroom as I hear him growl and slam my bedroom door.

I sigh frustratedly in front of my bathroom mirror.

"That was unnecessary, Cami."

I look up and see Carla has showed herself, my right eye changing into Carla's eye color.

I roll my eyes. "I just don't get it!"

"Cami, I thought you said you understood him? You know people with trust issues don't give in fully even if they know it's real. You told him you would always be there and prove to him you are real."

I sigh. Carla's right, she always is. She's part of why I'm usually patient and understanding.

"Of course I'm right!" Carla says proudly

I roll my eyes, "Could you not read my mind? I can converse with you, you know." I say

"I know, but where's the fun in that?"

I chuckle, "I suppose I should go apologize.." I say

"Yes but first, go shower."

"Are you implying I'm stinky?!"

"Yes, I am."

"Mean."

Carla giggles and goes back into my mind. I sigh as I strip and freshen up. After my shower, I change into my sleeping attire.

I shake off my nerves and knock on Matteo's door. Seconds later, the door opens and I'm meet with his bare chest, ripped and wet from the shower. I look up at him and see that he noticed my attire.

"What do you want? If you think you can seduce me after what you did in there, think again." He says coldly

Stunned, I look back down. This was his coldest he has ever been with me. I let out a sigh and look back up at him.

"I'm sorry.. for the way I acted. I was just frustrated and overthink too much on why you stopped kissing me. I should've known that knowing I'm really your mate doesn't mean you fully trust me." I say

It hurts that he doesn't fully trust me yet but that's the reality. He'll trust me fully soon, I shouldn't rush it.

Without another word, I turn to walk back to my room. Just as I was about to open my door, I was engulf in a hug from behind.

"I'm sorry too.. for teasing you and not finishing what I started." He says

I turn around and look up at his eyes. He dips down and kisses me gently.

"I wanted to wait until after you've been officially announced as my Luna Queen."

I smile, "We can wait until then." I say

He kisses my forehead and grab my hand as he turns us around and guides me into his room. I stop and tug at my hand.

He looks back and sees my panic state. He laughs.

"We're just going to sleep, my naughty mate." He says

"O-oh." I say, my face heating up and turning red in embarrassment

He chuckles as he continues guiding me to his room. We dive under the covers and cuddles until we've fallen asleep.

Matteo's POV

The next morning, I wake up to someone shaking me. I crack an eye open and see Levi.

"What?" I ask groggily

"The guards have an update regarding the rogue yesterday."

Both of my eyes snap open, I nod.

"Give me a sec." I say

I slip out of the bed without waking Camilla. I throw on a shirt and we both walk out of my room.

We arrive to my office and I see two guards waiting.

"Give it to me straight. Did you find him?" I ask

"We followed the scent of the rogue, Alpha. But.. we didn't find anything."

"It was a dead end, Alpha."

"What do you mean it was a dead end?! I thought you found a trace?"

"We did, Alpha.. but then after following it, the scent just disappeared when we got to the lake."

"The lake? Which lake?"

"The one near the west border, Alpha."

"How could a scent just disappear? Even if a wolf jumps into the lake and out, the scent would be slightly stronger." Levi says

My growl deepened and Mason is as frustrated as I am.

"I want the two of you to scout that area. Whatever you find, report back."

"Yes, Alpha."

Once they opened the door, my mate's scent filled my nose.

She's awake? How much did she hear?

As if cue, I hear her come in. I look up and see her looking at me with concern.

"Camilla, what are you doing here?"