CH 40

- 5 years later -

Camilla's POV

"Zi, get back here!" (A/N: pronounced as zai)

"No!"

I hear the twins' footsteps upstairs as one of them tries to catch the other.

"Give it back before I ruin yours, Zi!"

"Try me!"

I groan as I rub my temples while Matteo chuckled from across me.

"It's a good thing we only have two kids, huh?" He asks

I look at him with tired eyes and see his is sparkling with amusement.

"You're enjoying this too much." I sigh

"Of course, I am."

I glare at him and he shrugs with a smile. I get up from my chair and step out of the office.

"Zion and Zoe Hart, if you both don't stop I swear you both aren't having any play time with Milan tomorrow!" I shout

Footsteps stop abruptly replacing with slow, quiet walks and I hear their murmurs, accusing one another.

"Look what you did, Zi."

"It's not all on me."

"Do I hear murmurs?!" I shout

Silence.

I sigh and go back in, slumping in my chair. Minutes later, my 5 year olds come walking in slowly, looking at me with puppy eyes. I glance towards Matteo and see his eyes happily watching our kids come towards me, Zoe hides behind her brother.

"Momma?" Zion calls quietly

I look back at them and see him standing tall and protecting his sister, but I could also feel he didn't want to do anything that might upset me further.

"Yes, Zion?"

Zoe whimpers, "We're sorry, Momma." She says quietly

I sigh, "It's okay, sweetie."

Zoe comes out and runs towards me, she hugs my leg and hides her face. I pick her up and pat her back.

"Can we still play with Milan tomorrow?" She asks

"Of course, sweetie."

Her face lights up and she squeals.

5 whole years has passed since everything that happened.

The packs that Draya destroyed have been rebuilt with two more packs left being in the process of rebuilding. Nothing else has been bothering us since, except the usual problems of rogues and people wanting to be royalty and doing everything they can to overthrow us, but that's always a fail for them.

The twins are growing up nicely and well-behaved as I've taught them. They've met Milan and have been the bestest friends ever since. They've yet to meet Ivory, Gina and Levi's three year old girl and Alan, Haley and Kyle's four year old boy.

The office door burst open and in comes a giggling Ivory and a calm Alan, trailing behind them are a pair of tired mothers. I giggle at how they both look, they sharply throw me a glare before going back to watching their kids.

Zion and Zoe watches both kids in interest, Zion goes closer to Alan while Zoe breaks into a grin and joins Ivory.

"So, how's motherhood treating you both?" I ask, cracking a slight humor

"You have eyes, you know how it's currently treating me." Gina says in a cranky manner

"Excuse her, she hasn't had sleep in days." Haley says with a sigh

I stifle a laugh and clear my throat. "Well then, go take your much needed beauty sleep. I'll watch little Ivory for you."

Gina's eyes light up with life. With no other hesitation, she drops everything and bolts out of the room. Haley looks at the door for a moment and then turns to look at me with hope. I giggle and gesture the door, she squeals quietly and leaves.

The kids play together, unaware that their mother has left for some needed self-care. I place the bags of the couch and close the door. I go back to my seat and finish my task.

By the time night time comes, the kids all yawn and rub their eyes. Gina and Haley comes back to the office looking better than the way they came. Their face looks a bit brighter than before and hair washed and tied neatly. They both shoot me a grateful look before grabbing their kids to feed them. Matteo and I grab each kid's hand and we all go down for dinner.

Dinner finishes happily and slowly. As Kaitlyn takes the kids for their nightly bonding, Matteo and I decide to take a walk around the garden. We walk hand in hand as we reminisce our past and when I first came here.

"I remember seeing you and mom out here talking and then she hugged you, back then I felt so angry and betrayed at mom because of how I felt about women claiming to be my mate. I thought you were buddying up to mom and I hated you then."

"You hated me?" I ask, faking a shock

Matteo chuckles lightly, "Not anymore though, I love you a lot."

He cups my cheek gently and places a kiss on my lips, he pulls away and looks at me with sparkling eyes.

"You've changed me and saved me from my past traumas, you don't know how much I'm so thankful for you."

I softly smile at him and cup both his cheeks, "It was all you, I was just there to help you to be better."

Just then, I remembered what Kaitlyn told me before. My smile widens and Matteo looks at me with a curious gaze.

"You know, mom told me something when I first got here." I say, leading Matteo to sit on the bench

"Yeah?"

"At this very same bench, she told me she could feel I'm the next Luna Queen and that I'm the only one who could help you and fight along side you. She asked me to help her get the old Matteo back."

Matteo smiles softly, he chuckles and pulls me into a warm embrace.

"And you did, but I'm better than my old self." He says

"That you are." I giggle

He pulls away and looks down at me, "I love you so damn much, my Queen. I'm so thankful the Moon Goddess paired me up with you."

"I love you most, my King. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

He smiles and kisses me gently but passionately. At some point, we end up in our bedroom, door locked and clothes off, tangled together underneath the duvet. We spend the night proving yet again how much we mean to each other and love one another.
_________________________________

The End.

Thank you all so much for sticking with me till the end! I'm going to miss writing about Camilla and Matteo but, I've decided to write a Book 2 and the last book for this series(?)

You can follow me to stay updated for Book 2 or I'll add an update for it on here when I've started on it.

Thank you all so much for each vote and comment y'all give, I appreciate it a lot 🫶🏻

Until then, I'll see you guys next time!

x 🦁