Part 2 (Daryl Dixon)

CJ had been awake for a while already, but stayed in her tent for a while, trying to catch up on the rest she had been depriving herself the last couple of weeks. When she heard the others start to walk around and talk outside, she finally changed and left the tent, leaving her knife belt and her gun behind.

She sat by the campfire as she ate a small bit of breakfast. As she sat there, she thought about Dale's words to her the previous evening. 'Be strong.' And she was really trying to be. honestly, by getting up every morning these days was a feat of strength for a lot of people. It felt like everything was just about survival. Going from one day to the next, with no plan for the future, or even having the time to think about what came next.

When CJ finished her breakfast, she headed over to where Carol, Lori and a few of the others where and automatically started helping out with the chores. They did some laundry for a while, folding the dry clothes and laying them on the tables so that people could come and get what was theirs. 

Everyone mucked in with chores around the camp. Well, almost everyone. CJ had noticed a while back that when it came to things like cleaning and washing, it was the women that ended up with the scrubbing brushes in their hands. She'd sometimes get out of having to do loads by going on hunting trips by herself to get away from the camp, but it tended to make her feel guilty for leaving the others to it.

Later in the morning, CJ strolled over to a grumpy-faced Glenn. Her arms were folded across her front and a small, smug smile played on her face as she came and stood next to him, not taking her amused eyes off of his face.

"Something wrong?" she questioned sarcastically, like she didn't already know.

He slowly turned his head to look at her with narrow eyes and a glare that could kill before turning back to face forward.

"Vultures," he mumbled quietly as he watched Shane, Jim and a few others pull apart the engine and the interior of his new 'really cool' car. His arms were crossed, and a frown made itself known on his face as he furrowed his eyebrows at the sight. "Go on, strip it clean!"

CJ couldn't help but chuckle at his attitude as she followed her friend's gaze to the scene in front of them.

Rick came over and put a hand on Glenn's left shoulder. "Maybe we can steal another one someday," he stated as he successfully held back a small smile.

The humorous moment was immediately interrupted by the sound of some of the kids of the camp screaming from just behind the treeline.

"Mommy!"

"Ahh! Help!"

Without missing a beat, most members of the group ran towards the cries, grabbing anything to use as a weapon. CJ picked up a crowbar from next to the car. They reached the kids, and Lori and Carol stopped to take Carl and Sophia back to the camp, making sure they were safe. 

Once CJ and the rest of the group reached the small clearing in the shrubbery; they were greeted by the sight of a dead deer with several arrows in its side and one of the walking dead hunched over, taking bites out of it.

The walker turned to look at the group and lunged forward. Before it could attack, Rick whacked it over the head with a metal pole and Shane hit it in the back of the head with his shotgun. Glenn and Morales began to hit it to the ground and Dale and CJ looked through the trees surrounding them, checking there were no more coming.

After a while, Dale turned back to the undead thing on the ground and swung his axe, taking its head clean off whilst Amy and Andrea watched in disgust. CJ turned back to face the body on the ground.