CHP 3: Effortlessly Fly

Y/n POV
3 months later, Early November.

"Okay ladies good work today. Make sure y'all eat and hydrate before the game." Coach P was wrapping up our hour and a half long shoot around to prepare us for tomorrow.

"Remember this is a our first game of the season and it at home. So make sure y'all are wearing white gear" My gaze trailed down to my shoes as the coaches continued to talk .

"We need to start off the season strong ladies. Y'all are a great group and I want to see great things" I nodded my head while keeping my head slightly down

"Carter break it down for us" I finally looked up from the floor and bring my hand in the middle of ate human made circle.

"Lady Panthers on me Lady Panthers on three!"
The team followed suit and did the appropriate cheers before we all went towards the locker room.

Everybody was loud and pumped up and I just sat back and smiled at their happiness. I wasn't too big on showing my personality with people that I don't really know and there were a couple of freshman and transfers on the team.

"Y'all listen real quick." Our team captain Tasha had walked into the locker room and silence came instantly. Tasha Cloud is a senior and is already making noise to go to the WNBA or overseas, it's honestly up to her.

"We're gonna go out on campus and make fun youtube videos for the schools account. This is a way for us to get more students to come out and support."

I don't know what is up with this team and wanting to be social. Almost every week we have sometime of events that forces us to get to know people outside of our little basketball circle.

"Coach is gonna make groups and give each group the video topic. Also I believe that we're gonna have some of the film students helping us"

"Coach P already got the groups posted by his office. We start in two hours so y'all should have enough time to rest or eat."

Everyone got up to look at the list and shortly after they left. Like always I was left alone waiting for Didi. I decided to get up check the list.

Group 3
Dearica
Courtney
Y/n

My feet carried me back to the locker room where I delivered the life altering news to my closest friend. "Didiii, we're not together." My tone was laced in pain.

I heard laughter coming from the bathroom area of the locker room. Soon after Didi emerged wearing new clothes.

"Y/n you'll be fine. Who's in your group." I pulled my phone out of my pocket and showed her the picture I took earlier.

"Oh shit you with Courtney. Are y'all still on that weird shit." I sat up from the floor and faced my body towards Didi, still in a seated position.

The weird shit Didi was mentioning was the tension between me and Courtney. Last year I was a freshman and I took Courtney's spot. She wasn't starting but she was the 6th man, meaning she was usually the first one to come off the bench.

Whenever we had competition drills I would always be on Courtney's ass. Wether that was playing intense defense or blowing past her on offense.