Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen; In The Act

A week after Laniyah's housewarming party, Joe asked Laniyah for her help. He wanted her to help him with Galina and Joelle. So, he arranged for Laniyah to come over to the house to scare the shit out of Galina.

Laniyah took it a step further and brought a man who has a history with Galina along.

Galina was sitting in the living room when Laniyah and her guest entered the house.

Joe stood by the stairs and watched as Galina reacted to seeing the man and Laniyah in the house.

"Why are you here? How do you two know each other?" Galina asked the man and Laniyah.

Laniyah smirked as she walked into the living room, looking at the picture frames on the coffee table.

"You've been lying to me, Galina," The man said.

"What?" Galina asked, dumbfounded.

"Galina, you don't remember your boyfriend, George, of eight years," Laniyah said.

Joe walked into the living room and places the photos, court documents, and forged papers on Galina's lap.

"What is this?" Galina asked.

"Bitch, stop acting. You've been caught," Laniyah replied as she scoffed at Galina's poor acting.

George continued to confront Galina about her lies including the one where he is the father of Joelle while also letting Joe raise Joelle.

"You don't believe him, Joe?" Galina asked, surveying Joe.

Joe waited quietly; his tightened grip on the arms of his chair was the only sign that he was pissed.

George revealed Galina's plan to marry Joe so she could divorce and get spouse and child support.

"He's lying," Galina said.

Joe stood up so suddenly that the chair he was sitting in fell with a crash. "Don't fucking lie to me, Galina," he said through clenched teeth.

Joe stared at Galina angrily before running his hand over his face.

Galina threw everything off of her lap and sneered slightly at Laniyah.

"She's trying to break us up! You bitch!" Galina yelled, pointing at Laniyah.

Laniyah shrugged.

"Pipe down before you get a matching cut on the other side of your face," Laniyah said.

Galina let out a forced chuckle.

"Bitch, I wish you would touch me," Galina dared Laniyah.

"Bitch, I'm a genie, I'll grant that wish," Laniyah said as she dropped her purse on the couch.

Joe remained seated while George moved quickly and stood in between Galina and Laniyah.

Joe shook his head. He wasn't going to protect Galina from Laniyah's wrath, matter of fact, he hoped Laniyah would beat Galina up for lying to him all these years.

"George you can take Galina with you," Laniyah told George.

"This is my house," Galina told Laniyah.

"This is my husband's house which means that it is also my house and I want you out," Laniyah told her.

Galina looked at Joe.

"See! I told you she still wanted you!" Galina exclaimed.

Joe snorted.

"Just leave, Galina," Joe said.