You have no idea who you just compared me as...

I felt my vision starting to blur until I finally felt a single tear drop down onto my cheek, which I quickly wiped away at the sight of Tyler. He was holding a book in his hand as he looked up at me giving me a confused look "What happened?" he asked not even trying to hide the worried look on his face. I opened my mouth to say something but words seemed to fail me so instead I just stared at the book on the floor in complete shock.

He followed my gaze to the book and picked it up, dropping the book he had currently been holding. It was dropped on the page I had just read and I saw his eyes scan the page. He looked at me again, looking even more confused than before "Why were you reading about the deal?" he said, I could tell he was suspicious about something "You didn't answer my question Rosie" he asked again, moving closer to me.

I just stayed silent, not being able to form words. I continued staring at the floor to avoid his gaze . I know I wasn't looking but I could fell his eyes roll. "Why do you have to be so stubborn?" he said before starting to reading something out loud.

"The deal, made by Jonathan Anderson 10 years ago is also the creation of the night bloods" he stopped and looked at me again before continuing "A deal created by the devil in which harnesses the power of any human being and therefore changing the colour of their blood to a warm red to black"

"In return the devil feeds off of any and all memories of every 10th child in the line" he reads before taking a deep breath and reading again.

"The process is long and-"

"Stop" I say interrupting him. I finally met his gaze "Just please stop" I say picking up my torch and running away. I didn't dare turn back, I don't think I can handle looking at him without crying. Ugh I'm so pathetic.

As I walked back up to my room painful thought sprang through my mind. Even the thought of me or any of my siblings having to go through the process really scared me. It could be anyone...any one of us. I slowly opened my door as quietly as I could...wouldn't want to wake the beast. Once I stepped in I chuckled slightly at seeing Daisy still sound asleep, snoring extremely loud as always. I put the torch back in her back and zipped it shut as she seemed to not be able to.

I sat back on my bed and reached out to see the time 4:30 it read. I internally rolled my eyes at the sight. How the hell am I gonna fall asleep after hearing that. Should I tell my siblings this, they should know since it does involve them? It doesn't necessarily need to be one of us who goes through the process, it could be someone else in the line, meaning any one of our children if we decide to have any. Now that I think about it I know nearly nothing about the process since I stopped Tyler while he was gonna tell me. Idiot.

He probably thinks I'm so weird now that I just ran off while he was reading something to me. Why do I even care? He's Tyler freaking Blake and I'm just a girl who still can't get over the past and move on. Why am I so pathetic? I guess I'll never know. I felt myself drift off, my last thought being of Tyler.

"What's your name?" I ask
"I'm not supposed to say" the boy says hesitantly.
"Why not?"
"Because...I've been forbidden. It's strict rules" he says trying to look more confident by standing up straighter
"Well whoever made those rules is stupid" I say to him
"Yeah...he's so stupid" he says. I noticed the change in his facial expression at he says that, although I'm not sure why?
"Don't worry when I get older, I'm gonna kick him in his ugly face!" he yells angrily
"When you do, tell me and I'll join you" I say with a smile
"You're really small you know,it's cute" he says looking down at me. He is sooooo tall.
"I know I am, it sucks. People always underestimate me because I'm short or because I'm a girl" I say frowning
"Idiots." he says "You may be pea sized but I would never underestimate you" he says with a smirk
"Pea sized? How dare you!" I chase after the tall, handsome boy as he ran away screaming.