praises

"you did so well my darling." you whispered ever so softly, your hands cupping his soft cheeks as you peer down at him while his ruby eyes sparkled in delight at your praise he longed. he looked like a puppy who just got a treat from its master.

"d-did i?" he asked, wanting to hear your approval again. his smile grew wider each second as you peck his forehead, cheeks turned into a shade of pink, he never felt accomplished before.

nodding, you replied. "yes, love. you did so well." caressing his cheek with your thumb, you smiled again as your eyes narrowed. "so, so well."

he was so captivated by your kind words. he wanted to hear it more. he craved for it. he'd beg for it. euphoric, thrilled, and loved. he felt loved. he's so happy that he never noticed behind all your lies.

you knew you're lying, you knew you only praised him because you wanted something from him, you knew you're faking all your sweet talks to poor ezra.

"do you love me now?" he finally had the courage to ask, he looks nervous, excited at the same time. you almost felt bad for manipulating him. almost.

"of course," you lied through your teeth. "I've always loved you, ezra." you're lying.

you liar.

you liar.

how could you be so cruel?

you're only using him.

saying all those words you never meant, weakening him. just because you wanted power.

i only seek power.

he sighed happily, grasping your hand and kissing your palm. looking at you with lovesick eyes that you swear you could see hearts in his irises. he rises from his knees and wrap his arms around you. now he's tall again.

"i love you too," he sighed again, closing his eyes and enjoyed your warm embrace. kissing your hair lovingly. "i love you so, so much." he chuckles gently, pecking your temple like he's your boyfriend. he thinks he's your boyfriend. he's finally yours.

he's sickly obsessed with you.

and you're taking advantage of it.

once he's at his lowest, you'll leave. leave without a trace, breaking him slowly. mentally and emotionally damaging him.

why would you do this?

for what reason?

power? is that what you wanted?

he'd give anything to you.

just please.

please don't leave him.