When Will My Life Begin?

The sun shone brightly in the little glen with the tower. By the window at the top, a small chameleon ran behind a flower pot, changing his coloring to blend in.

The window flew open suddenly, a handsome teenage boy with long, blond hair jumping out. "HA!" He looked around, then shrugged, gliding his feet away from the window. "Hmm...well, I guess Pascal's not hiding out here."

Pascal tittered, until hair wrapped around him and hung him upside-down. Richie then appeared in front of him. "Gotcha!"

"AHHH!" He turned red, the green slowly fading back in as he caught his breath.

"That's twenty two for me..." He pulled the lizard back and placed him into the windowsill. "How about twenty three out of forty five?"

He shook his head squeaking.

"Okay, well, what do you want to do?" Richie asked, sitting on the stone.

Perking up, Pascal pointed outside with his tail.

"Yeah...I don't think so." He picked him back up. "I like it in here and so do you."

He pouted, sticking his tongue out at Richie.

"Oh, come on, Pascal, it's not so bad in there."

He ran off, his hair sweeping across the bricked floor.

Richie:
Seven a.m.: the usual morning lineup
Start on the chores and sweep "till the floor's all clean
Polish and wax, do laundry and mop and shine up
Sweep again and by then,
It's, like, seven fifteen

After doing the chores, he looked at the clock. Seeing that only fifteen minutes had passed, he sighed.

-

Richie:
And, so, I'll read a book
Or maybe two or three

He took out one on cooking, geology, and botany, excited.

-

Richie:
I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery

He used his hair to give himself a boost on the higher part of the wall.

-

Richie:
I'll play guitar and knit
And cook and basically
Just wonder, "When will my life begin?"

After a bit of playing the guitar and knitting, Richie balanced a pie in one hand as he measured out part of the wall with the thumb on his other, one eye open, smiling to himself.

He got the paints out and began the background.

-

Richie:
Then after lunch, it's puzzles and darts and baking
Papier-mâché, a bit of ballet and chess

He tried to twirl around, but got tangled in his hair, tripping himself and falling on the floor. Pascal looked at him with a chessboard on the same table as him. Richie reached up and poked one of the pieces with his finger, toppling it over.

-

Richie:
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making

He used Pascal as his dummy, then took the candles out.