Now That I See You

DOUBLE UPDATE BECAUSE I'M BORED SO HERE WE GO -

"You're not coming?" Y/n questioned as Eugene pushed the boat out, Richie sitting across from her.

"Well, best day of his life, I figured he shouldn't have someone like me there to ruin it," he excused. "But you two have fun." He gave her one last wink before setting then adrift, then turned to Maximus. "Hey, Max."

Maximus looked back at him suspiciously. Eugene took a bag he was holding and threw it at him, apples toppling out. Maximus glared at him.

"What? I bought them."

Satisfied, he leaned over and ate one.

"Most of them."

Good enough.

-

Y/n noticed Richie silently looking into the water, his face tense with what seemed to be worry. "You okay?" she asked.

"I'm terrified..."

"Why?"

He signed, eyes now closed. In a small voice, he confessed, "I've been looking out the window for eighteen years. Dreaming about what it would feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything that I dreamed it would be?"

"It will be," she promised. But that was not yet enough.

"And what if it is? What'll I do, then?"

"Well, that's the good part, I guess" she replied, looking out. "You get to go find a new dream."

"Hm." He smiled at her, going back to gazing out.

-

Queen Arianna adjusted the crest around her husband's neck. When she looked up at him, she frowned, noticing how depressed he looked. Gently, she put a hand on his cheek, which he leaned into as a tear tricked out of his eye. Arianna wiped out away, smiling sadly. His hand on her own, Frederic forced a smile back.

The royal couple walked out together towards the lantern with the crest on it. Sadly, they raised it, Frederic's arm around his wife as they watched it light up the rest in the sky.

-

Richie gently picked the flowers from Y/n's hand, placing them gently in the water. But he stopped, eyes widened, when he saw a light reflecting off of the water. Looking up, he saw the first few lanterns floating over.

Richie:
All those days, watching from the windows
All those years, outside looking in

Excitedly, he rushed over to the pole on the boat, almost throwing Y/n into the water. He clung onto it as he watched, the light shining in his eyes as the rest of the lanterns came from the castle and towards the ships.

Richie:
All that time, never even knowing just how blind I've been

Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here, suddenly, I see
Standing here,
It's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

And at last, I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last, I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once, everything looks different
Now that I see you