I've Got a Dream

"Why can't you climb down yourself?" Flynn asked as he made his way down, Jaylyn holding tightly to his legs.

"Don't like heights. Hurry up."

He let out a heavy sigh, grunting as he tried to pull out of the tower.

Glancing upward, she called, "You comin', Blondie?"

Richie took a few steps out, gripping tightly to the hair that was hooked over. He looked down at the grass beneath him, taking in a deep breath.

Richie:
Look at the world, so close and I'm halfway to it
Look at it all, so big, do I even dare?
Look at me there at last, I just have to do it

"Should I? No."

Richie:
Here I go

He took his hair and threw it out over the two's heads. Flynn looked down at it, then back up, letting out a cry as he ducked just as Richie flew down, grinning as he rode. When he saw just how close the ground was, he stopped, eyes wide. Slowly, carefully, he touched the grass with his toes, then put his whole foot down. Laughing with relief and joy, he put the other one down.

Richie:
Just smell the grass, the dirt, just like I dreamed they'd be

He lied down, rubbing himself against it. Looking up, he saw a dandelion blow in the breeze.

Richie:
Just feel that summer breeze; the way it's calling me

He got up to chase the wisps, startled when he dropped suddenly. Looking down, he saw that he had stepped on a stream.

Richie:
For the first time ever, I'm completely free!

He cupped the water in his hands and threw it up into the air, letting it dampen him.

Richie:
I could go running
And racing
And dancing
And chasing
And leaping
And bounding
Hair flying
Heart pounding
And splashing
And reeling
And finally feeling
Now's when my life
Be
Gins!

"I can't believe I did this!" he cheered, bouncing. "I can't believe I did this. I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THIS!" He stopped, grabbing his head in realization. "Mother would be so furious."

-

He looked at the fawna he had in his hands. "That's okay, though. What she doesn't know won't kill her, right?"

-

"Oh my gosh, this will kill her..." His knees were being hugged to his chest as he moaned.

-

"THIS IS SO FUN!" He kicked up a pile of leaves in Jaylyn's face by accident. Not noticing, he kept running around.

-

His head pressed against a tree, he mumbled, "I am a horrible son. I'm going back."

-

"I AM NEVER GOING BACK!" He rolled down the hill, giggling, wrapped up in his hair.

-

"I AM A DESPICABLE HUMAN BEING."

Jaylyn rolled her eyes as she glanced at Richie facedown in the grass.