Chapter 2

Callies pov:

The second I looked into Arizona's eyes on FaceTime I knew she wasn't okay. There was a sparkle of happiness that was gone, and her smile wasn't super magic anymore. All of the Arizona had been taken out of her and she wasn't Arizona anymore, just a shell of who she used to be. I could tell her happiness for Sofia and I was all an act and I knew I had to do something. Although this had only exemplified my want for Arizona, I had missed everything about her for a long time.

Just then, Sofia walked in to use the bathroom, apparently she hadn't gone to bed yet.

"Mommy, is Mama okay?" Sofia asked with tired eyes and a concerned expression. I didn't know how to answer, so I did what any other mother in my position would do.

"Yes baby girl, she fine, she just misses you a lot right now, she'll be okay" I told her. She smiled and shrugged a little.

"What is it little one?" I asked. She looked up at me and sighed.

"Well, I know you probably don't want to, but Mama came to visit us here, so why cant we go to visit her as a surprise? I think it'll make her happy, right?" She asked. I sighed back at her and then put on a smile.

"You know what Sofia, I think that's a great idea" I responded. She just smiled and then we exchanged hugs and kisses goodnight.

As soon as Sofia skipped out of my room for the night, I booked two tickets for the next morning and packed.

T- shirts, long sleeve shirts, shorts, pants, bathing suits, underwear, bras, sweat shirts, socks, hats, trench coat, vest, jewelry, makeup, skin care, phone charger, headphones, sunglasses, and my special lock it. I had to pack a lot since the trip was going to last for three weeks, until Sofias school starts again. I don't know what exactly will happen but I figured I should be prepared. At that, I decided to rest up for our early morning and long day. Never in a million years would I have imagined doing that but there was something in me that told me I had to, not to mention, I missed Arizona tremendously.

The next morning... 5am

The second my alarm harshly woke me, I headed to Sofias room and began packing for her. Although I didn't want to wake her, I was not actively avoiding it. Our flight is at 7am and will be just over 6 hours, so she will probably sleep on the plane, and some help packing would be nice.

The first thing I packed was her shirts, pants, shorts, underwear, and rain jacket. Then I reached for socks, sweat pants and bathing suits since Arizona has a swimming pool. After that, she began to stir. It was approaching 5:45 and I knew we had to leave at 6 so I decided to finish up packing and then wake her.

I packed a necklace Arizona gave her, a scarf, a hat, and some extra pairs of shoes for the both of us and my toiletries. When I finally finished getting everything to the door, I looked at all of the bags and suitcases to decide how I would tackle carrying them. I knew that Sofia could handle a small suitcase and carry on bag, but we had 3 suitcases and 4 carry on bags, since all of them were pretty small.

When I thought about it, I remembered a trick Arizona taught me using zip ties. I went to my kitchen and found a bag of them. I extended the handles of the suitcases and then zip tied the handles of the carry on bags to the metal, leaving two extra bags. One carry on, and my purse. Making sure that I put my phone, keys, and wallet in my pockets, I decided Sofia could take my purse and I would take the carry on.

Finally, I was ready to leave, and when I checked the time, it was 5:50. I decided not to wake up Sofia because I knew she would make an ordeal about wanting breakfast right away. I loaded all of our luggage into the car, and then picked her up straight out of her bed and put her in the car.

"Mommy, where are we going?" She groggily asked as she slowly came to due to the motion of the car beginning to drive down the road.

"Well, baby, we are going to see Mama" I said. I just saw her smile in the reflection of my rear view mirror.

A little later...

As we arrived at the airport I knew that visiting Arizona could end one of two ways, us falling back in love, or hating each other. Either way, I knew that Arizona wasn't okay, and I needed to help, because no matter how she feels about me after how I hurt her, I think I still love her.