Chapter 4

Callies pov:

We just reached Arizonas house, and I knocked the door. I promptly heard a male voice yell "coming!"

I wondered who it could be considering Arizonas sexuality and any guys that she's even gotten close enough with the share a couch have died.

When the door flew opened I saw Alex. His face went from annoyance to slight horror.

"Shit" he muttered under his breath while dropping his head down and looking at his feet. Although I heard him clearly, I pretended not to. He took a moment to think and then came outside and closed the door behind him.

"She's sleeping, and she needs rest right now" he said nervously. His nervous glance earned a horrified one from me.

"She's not okay, is she?" I asked as soon as Sofia ran off to find her toys. He only nodded in agreement and then asked Sofia if she wanted to play games in the front yard and opened the door for me.

As I walked into the house that I once called home I noticed that anything that I hadn't taken was left up, even pictures of her and I. I navigated the halls to find the master bedroom where Arizona laid. Even though she was sleeping, she looked a wreck. The bedroom was a mess, which prior to our breakup would've driven her insane.

I sat down on the bed next to her and examined her body. I hadn't noticed when she came to New York, but since I moved away, she had lost a lot of weight. As I went to shake her awake, I decided against it and only left a comforting hand on her back while I let her sleep. I could tell just by looking at her that she needed as much rest as possible. I already knew by the look on Alex's face that she wasn't her anymore. I felt blessed that she had him to make sure she stayed okay while I was gone, but the second I realized how bad it was, I knew I was in Seattle to stay.

2 hours later....

I stayed on the bed with Arizona, and didn't move. Thank God for Alex being great with kids. As she rolled around, I got many different views of her body. Her face was skinny and she had dark circles under her eyes. I couldn't believe that I didn't notice it when she was in New York.

Just then, I got a text from Alex saying he had to leave so I stood up, and reluctantly left the bedroom.

Before I even had a chance to talk, Alex began speaking. "Hey, so I just got called in because one of my patients needs emergency surgery, but I'm going to wake her up and let her know she has visitors, okay?" He asked. I only nodded slightly while partially zoning out. He looked at me with a little concern, but then went to Arizonas room. 

When he walked out of the bedroom, he nodded at me sadly, and left. I took Sofia's hand and we sat down on the couch, waiting for the shell of Arizona to emerge from her bedroom.