Chapter 21. 'Tis the Season

Aspen

"Why do you decorate for Christmas, if you're not even going to be here?" Theo asks as he lay sprawled out like a starfish on my bed.

"It's called Christmas cheer, Theodore." I say, plugging in the Christmas lights that hung around my room.

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear." He says, a cheeky grin on his face as he quotes Buddy the Elf.

"Great movie." I say, climbing on top of him.

I let out a deep breath, my cheek resting against his chest. "Maybe you could just could home with me for Christmas." I suggest for the millionth time.

"Aspen, we've talked about this. You know I'd love to."

I sigh, "I know. But, you have a stupid sister." I say sarcastically.

"You love her." He says, lifting his head to look at me.

"Unfortunately." I tease.

"I'll be there for New Year's." He says and I grin.

"What day are you coming up again?"

"The morning of New Year's Eve." He answers, slipping his hand under my sweatshirt.

"Okay.." I whisper. "What movie do you want to watch?" I ask, reaching for my laptop.

"Elf." He says and I grin.

"Figured." I say, sitting up on my knees between his legs, my computer resting on top of my thighs as I type in my password.

I get the movie set up as Theo moves to sit up against the wall. I crawl back between his legs, resting my back against his chest.

"Are you sure you're okay with meeting, basically, my entire family?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Yes, Aspen.", he chuckles, "You're starting to make me think that you don't want me to."

"No, of course I want you to. It's just, they're kinda a lot."

"Have you met my sister?" He asks and I laugh.

"Yes but, there's a whole bunch of them over at Christmas." I say and he grins.

"I like big Christmases. I think they're fun."

"It is fun. I'm sad my Uncle Chris won't be there. You two would get along great." I say and he chuckles.

"Where's he gonna be at?"

"Him and my aunt and cousins are in Spain right now. My cousin has some big soccer tournament." I say and he nods.

"Seems serious."

"It is. He's only 17. He's playing against 20 year olds."

"That's big." He says and I nod.

"I know."

*

"Text me when you land." Theo says, our arms wrapped around each other.

"You too." I say and I feel him nod.

"Now Boarding for Flight 32B, to Miami, Florida. First Class Seats."

"That's me." I frown.

Theo pulls away before he dips his head down, his lips meet mine.

He pulls away and I groan, "I'll see you in nine days."

"I know." I pout, forcing myself to removes my arms from his waist.

I turn around, grabbing my suitcase handle and dragging it behind me. I stop and turn on my heel, leaving my bag where it's at I jog to where Theo is standing. "One more." I say, puling his face down to mine.