𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

Me and Charlie get out of Janes car since she insisted on driving, Ciara's house is huge since she's rich. I can hear the music as we walk up the driveway, the door was open and I could already see people inside. God this is a nightmare.

"Yeah maybe we should-"

"No turning back." Charlie says grabbing my hand and dragging me inside. Is all the school here? I look around and as I expected, sweaty teenagers rubbing against each other while dancing.

"Let's get a drink!" Charlie shouts over the music dragging me through the people into the kitchen which had a lot less people. My nerves calm a little and Charlie fills two red plastic cups with a drink I don't even know.

"Drink!" He shoves the cup into my hand and I look at him.

"Charlie-"

"Diana. Have fun. Loosen up and get fucked." He says and pats my shoulder. I look at him for a second before taking a long sip of the drink, I nearly choke at the taste. I swallow and wipe my mouth, it's disgusting.

"Diana!" I hear melody squeal behind me and I turn and she runs over taking my hand.

"Hi." I say, I want to go home. I don't want to be here.

"Come on I want you to meet some people you probably never talked to." She smiles and I look to Charlie and he waved his hand for me to go.

"I have my own horse to find and ride, you have fun." He saluts and i roll my eyes.

TW: panick attack, ptsd episode including abuse.

A while later and a few drinks later...I sit down with melody and some of her friends, I feel hot, tired, heavy headed and drunk?

"Let's dance Diana!" Melody grabs my hand and pulls me up and I stumble back and she giggled pulling me to where everyone was dancing.

She starts jumping to the music and I feel sweaty....

She takes my hands moving me to the music and I start laughing and start dancing with her, we both laugh and a few minutes later I feel like I could faint over how hot it is.

"I'm..really hot." I wrap my arms around the back of her neck.

"I know you are." She laughs.

"No like sweating hot, I think I'm gonna go outside for a few minutes."

"No don't! I have a shirt in my bag, you can change into it, follow me." She smiles bringing me back to where her friends were sitting and takes out a shirt and nods towards the kitchen again.

I follow her and she walks over to a little closer opening it and turning on a little light.

"Go on, change in there. Here." She smiles handing me a shirt.

"Thank you." I mumble walking in and closing the door. I take off my jumper and I hear a lock click. I furrow my eyebrows and my head starts pounding. I check the door of the closet and it was locked.

"Melody, did you lock the door?" I say, no response. My heart quickens, it's fine Diana she didn't hear you.

"Melody, did you kick the door?!" I shout louder so she could hear me, nothing. I hear some laughs outside the door, my heart starts pounding and I bang on the door putting on the shirt quickly and it was basically a bra. I swallow the lump in my throat.

"Someone open the door!" I shout and my voice comes out dry. Nobody opens it. I twist the handle my hands getting shaky. I start breathing heavy and take steps back bumping into the wall behind me. I feel my eyes filling with tears and I find it hard to breathe, I usually know how to pick a lock but I can't think straight.

-6 years ago-

I sit at the table with mom eating dinner, which was definitely not cooked right. I go to grab my glass but accidentally knock it over, the glass rolls onto the floor shattering. Oh no.

"Mom I didn't mean to-"

"God damn it Diana! You fucking idiot!" She slams the table making me jump and my heart speed up.

"I'm sorry, please don't-"

"Get up!" She shouts getting up off her chair her eyes all red. I freeze my eyes tearing up.

"Do you not understand English?!" She grabs my arms pulling me off the chair and my foot lands in glass cutting it.

"Ow my foot!" I screech and she pulls me squeezing my arm. She opens my bedroom door shoving me in onto the floor and slams the door locking it, she turns off the light.

"M-mom!" I stand up a strong pain in my foot.

"Mom!" I shout again. I limp scared to bump into something but start banging on the door.

"I hurt my foot!" I shout crying.

I keep shouting and get no response.

She finally opens the door and starts shouting at me and slaps me.

"Shut up! Scream once more and I swear to god Diana! You'll be left out when I say so!" She shouts again before leaving locking the door. I wrap my arms around my legs and start crying even more.

-Present-

I wrap my arms around my legs and sob, it's fine she's not here Diana. I keep reminding myself but it doesn't help, I can't shout anymore because I feel scared what will happen if I do.

I try to control my breathing and dig my nails into my legs, I hear a lock click and the door opens. Someone I don't recognise opens the door and I quickly stand up my legs feeling weak and my head heavy. 

"Hey are you okay-"

I quickly walk past him and see Charlie and Kai talking in the kitchen and melody and Ciara laughing holding up their phones and some other people.

"Diana?" Charlie looks at me, I wipe the tears under my eyes. I quickly walk out of the kitchen and push past some people and my stomach hurt, I walk out the door feeling the breeze of the night. I walk down the driveway getting out my phone sniffling, I quickly call Jane putting the phone up to my ear.

She doesn't answer, my stomach hurts even more and I turn getting sick into a bush..I cough spit before wiping under my eyes again.

I call Jane a few more times getting no response, I sniffle and call an Uber waiting.

A few minutes an Uber pulls up and drives me home.

Once I get home I notice Janes car and another car, she must have someone over. Way to ruin her night. I walk up to the door opening it and walking inside. Sadie runs over and I sniffle rubbing her head, I walk to the living room and open the door and see Jane kissing someone.

"Shit sorry." I say but freeze when they break apart and the man turns to me. My heart drops.

"Dad?" I say but my voice comes out as a whisper.