𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. The Love Of A Child

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

AENORA RUSHED PASSED PEOPLE, PUSHING and shoving them out of her way

AENORA RUSHED PASSED PEOPLE, PUSHING and shoving them out of her way. No one dared say anything to the Princess about her rude manners, though their facial expressions spoke louder than words.

"Would you slow down, Princess?" Emely asked as she tried to keep up with the princess.

Aenora came to an abrupt stop and turned to face the brunette, "Em, I love you, truly. But don't ever tell me to stop while my little sister is in labor."

Without waiting for a response from Emely, Aenora once again began rushing through the castle halls.

It did not take long until she was at the door of Rhaenyras birthing chamber.

Aenora could hear her sisters shrieks of agony coming from the other side of the large door, which made her hesitant to go in. The pain Rhaenyra was going through was a pain Aenora knew well, but that didn't make it an easier for her to watch.

She was not scared go giving birth due to the many times she's done it, but when it came to her little sister all she could think about was her mother. She thought of the possibility of Aemma's unfortunate end happening to her sister.

Over time, Aenora grew to accept the fact that her father truly had no choice. Aemma's death was certain that day. When she was younger she liked to believe that there was a chance her mother could've been saved. It was easier for her to hate her father for a choice than to accept what was the inevitable. Now that Aenora was older, she would tell Daemon to make the same choice. Though, she knew he wouldn't. If there was a chance that her child may live, she would choose her child.

As a mother, her duty was to protect her children. Even if it meant death.

"Nora," Rhaenyra tried to smile when she saw her sister.

Aenora was quick to take the place of the midwife who sat behind Rhaenyra. Her tense body relaxed once she was in Aenoras arms. Rhaenyra found the same comfort with her sister as she once did their mother.

"Mother was right when she said the birthing bed was our battle field," Aenora said.

Rhaenyra gave no response other than groans.

"Push, Princess." The midwife told her.

Rhaenyra grabbed onto Aenoras hand and squeezed as she pushed, causing Aenora to clench her jaw at the tightness. She wondered if this was how Rhaenyra and Daemon felt when she gave birth.

Aenora was going to make a joke but decided against it because she didn't want to hear her sister call her a cunt. Instead, Aenora wiped the sweat from her sisters face with the sleeve of her dress.

"The head!" One of the ladies said.

Aenora kissed Rhaenyras forehead, "One more, sister."

With loud groans and tightening the grip on Aenoras hand, Rhaenyra gave a final push.

The midwife smiled with happiness at the two Princess's, "A boy, Princess. Praise Mother."

Rhaenyra's tried to catch her breath as she smiled at the woman's words. She was happy she had a new son and that the birthing part was over. She leaned against Aenora and reached for her babe.

"Healthy?" Rhaenyra questioned.

"Kicking like a goat," the woman grinned.

Aenora looked down at her sisters babe. She too was very happy, and proud. Her little sister was a mother, it was still hard for her to believe.

She thought of her first borns in that moment, how innocent and fully of love and curiosity they were. Aenora was utterly grateful for the family she and Daemon created. The love of a child was something that nothing could compare to. She was glad that her sister also got to experience it.

When a maiden walked into the room Rhaenyras happiness was cut short.

"Princess, the Queen has requested that the child be brought to her immediately." The maiden frowned a little.

Aenora stared at the woman in disbelief. The anger towards Alicent Aenora had tried to bury resurfaced. It was quite literally only moments after Rhaenyra gave birth and Alicent wanted to see the child, it was infuriating to Aenora.

"Why?" Rhaenyra asked.

The maiden did not answer, causing Rhaenyra to sit up.

"Let me deal with her," Aenora said.

"No. That'll only make it worse," Rhaenyra told her.

Aenora shook her head, "Nyra."

Rhaenyra gave Aenora a simple look that made her back down.

Aenora understood that Rhaenyra would have to be the one to handle Alicent, not her. Though, that only infuriated Aenora more. All she wanted to do then was to protect her sister from that nasty woman, who's called queen.

She held Rhaenyras son as the other ladies helped her dress.

Aenora looked down at the small child, listening to her sisters moans of pain. She slowly started to become angry with Viserys. He allowed this. He allowed his wife to do this to his daughter.

Aenora, though she didn't like it, thought of all the ways she could inflict pain onto Alicent for doing this to Rhaenyra.

When Rhaenyra left, Aenora did too. She did not follow her as Laenor did, but instead she left to go find Daemon.

She marched all the way to her quarter of the castle and into her bedchambers where she knew he'd be with Aedith.

When she walked in, Daemon was in a chair reading while Aedith lay on their bed, asleep.

"I'm going to behead Alicent the day in crowned as queen," Aenora said as she sat in the chair across from her husband.

Daemon looked up from his book and laughed, "Weren't you just with her having tea yesterday?"

Aenora rolled her eyes, "That was before she made my sweet little sister get out from her bed after giving birth so that she may see the babe."

"You will be queen soon enough and you will be able to behead as many people as you wish, my love. Viserys isn't getting any better," Daemon sighed.

Aenora also sighed at the thought of her father and sick he's become over the years. She dreaded the day she knew was to come, his death day.

"I don't want to be queen. And as much as I despise him right now, I don't want my father to die." Aenora looked at Daemon, "I want to live on Dragonstone with you and all of our children in peace. But, I don't get that now, do I?"

"You knew who I was before you married me," Daemon said simply.

"I did. And I loved you for it," Aenora looked away.

Aenora did love Daemon for who he was, and she always would. But, if she had the choice to do it all over again, she don't know if she would.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHORS NOTE
Uh oh, what have i done. What will i do? Anyways, thoughts?