𝒙𝒍𝒗. Declaration Of War

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

AENORA WAS STILL STANDING AT THE Painted Table, listening to Daemon talk about taking the dragons and taking the Iron Throne by force

AENORA WAS STILL STANDING AT THE Painted Table, listening to Daemon talk about taking the dragons and taking the Iron Throne by force. Honestly, if she wasn't so angry with him she would've said yes, but her anger did not allow her to take advice from him.

"Your Grace," Ser Erryk Cargyll rushed in.

Aenora turned her head slightly to look at the man.

"A ship has been sighted offshore: a lone galleon, flying a banner of a three-headed green dragon." Erryk said.

Daemon immediately took action.

"Alert the watchtowers. Sight the skies," he ordered as picked up Dark Sister.

Aenoras blood ran cold. There were two ways this might end, and no in between.

"Stay here." Aenora told her children before she began to walk out.

She waved her hand at the guards who attempted to follow, telling them to also stay.

Aenora did not follow Daemon out to meet who ever it was that had come. Instead, she ran out of the back of the castle and up the hill that sat behind it, where she knew Vyr would be.

Once she reached the top of the hill she was met with her beloved dragon. She walked to him and when she appeared in front of him, he lowered his head so that she may touch him.

"You have killed more men than sheep, today you will not eat the men you kill." She said.

Aenora mounted the enormous beast and set off into the sky.

And it wasn't long before Aenora and Vyr spotted the men. They stood at the same place where Otto tried to take her sons dragon egg.

She immediately recognized Ottos figure from above, somehow she knew they would meet at that exact place again.

Vyr landed behind Otto Hightower and his men. The dragon let out a shrieking roar, petrifying the men below.

Once Aenora stepped off Vyr, she walked passed the men and stood next to Daemon. No man dared to touch a hair on her head.

She wondered how stupid Otto had to be to come to an island filled with dragons, uninvited. Did he really think the men he brought would be enough to strike fear so deeply into her heart, that she would renounce her titles? Her inheritance?

"Princess Aenora," Otto said.

"I am Queen Aenora now, traitor." Aenora corrected.

"King Aegon, Second of His Name... in his wisdom and desire for peace, is offering terms." Otto stated. "Acknowledge Aegon as king and swear obeisance before the Iron Throne. In exchange, His Grace will confirm your possession of Dragonstone. It will pass to your trueborn son, Rhaemax, upon your death. The rest of your children will also be given places of high honor at court: Daemian as the King's squire, Jaelyx as head of the Kingsgaurd, Aeva will be betrothed to Aemond, and Rhaenelle and Aedith as ladies for Queen Helaenas and her daughter. Finally, the King, in his good grace, will pardon any knight or lord who conspired against his ascent."

Aenora took a step forward, "You betray me, you tell me to give up my claim, and now you insult my children. I will give whatever ash and bone is left of you to my brother as my rejection. Dracarys."

Pure terror casted over Otto and his men's faces. There was not a thing that could be done before they were engulfed in Aenoras wrath.

Aenora and Daemon watched as Otto melted away in Vyr's flames. The queen felt no remorse... no guilt. She felt nothing.

Her face was hardened and cold. This was her declaration of war.

Aenora stood on the stone path until the fire was nearly out. The smell of burning flesh lingered in her nose. These were the first of many lives that would be lost because of her.

"Well, if they weren't coming for us before, they are now." Daemon said.

Aenora looked at him for a moment, her heart felt so heavy. He said he loved her time and time again, but how could you love someone and betray them? And how could you betray them and not even say it?

She understood that she disappeared for six years, she left him with no one and Laenor did the same to Rhaenyra. She guessed that in a way, they were all each other had.

But still, you don't get your wife's sister pregnant and you don't sleep with your sisters husband.

Aenora would never admit it out loud, but she was glad that their child was dead. She felt as though they deserved it. Actions have consequences and their babe being born a stillborn was just that.

She has never felt a pain this bad. She could feel it physically. It felt as though she was pulling heavy rocks with her entire body. She was there but in a sort of way she also wasn't.

She was afraid she might feel this way forever. She was afraid of who she may become if this all she'd feel for the rest of her life.

"Collect whatever's left of Otto and bring it to me," Aenora told the guards as she walked passed them.

The men bowed their heads at their Queen.

Daemon walked followed closely behind Aenora. He debated on trying to talk to her, but he thought about the fact that she just burnt fifteen men alive and didn't show any emotion.

Eventually, he decided he'd wait for a better time.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHORS NOTE
short ass chapter but i wanted her killing Otto to be it's own chapter soooo yeah. i really don't know if i want aenora to forgive daemon but this is a daemon fic so LMAO IDK.

but the chapters are lowkey gonna start getting shorter because i am on the last ep & the books coming to an end. if i make a sequel it probably won't be until the next season comes out because i am basing this off of the series and not the book but it also really depends on how i end the story.

anyways lmk your thoughts! and remember to drink water & have a lovely night/day.