26

Chapter 26
The actual new friend

It seemed the women's name was Tala, she had faked working for the empire, and got our transmission. She went to the spot, but when no one was there, she assumed we would be at the gate. Luckily, she was correct.

She brought us to a small village in the west. She told us to wait in a small alley while she cleared the way. Tala peeked from around the corner of a building, and nodded to us.

I grabbed Leias hand and pulled her with us across the village. We entered the room, and the door was quickly shut behind us.

"This is the droid maintenance. It's all automated, no one comes in here." Tala said as she peeked out the window.

I began gazing around the room and walking forward. Leia bumped into a tall robot, similar to the one at the cargo dock.

"Oh, that's NED-8, he's on our side." Tala said with a smile. "Hi NED-8.. this is LO-LA56." She said showing the droid her little droid.

The droid nodded, and walked over to a wall, pulled a hatch and opened a secret door. Obi Wan out his hand on Leias shoulder and walked in through the door.

Inside, was a room, filled with markings on the wall, and buttons all over. "What is this place?" Obi Wan asked.

"We have safe houses like this throughout the galaxy." She responded. "Trying to link the system. Some call it the path, your not the first Jedi to come through here."

Obi Wan walked over to the wall and felt the markings. "QuinLai was here?" Obi wan asked with a smile. She nodded.

"He comes by every so often, he smuggles the children." She added. Obi Wan smiled to himself and Cormier looking at the markings.

We then heard banging coming from the outside. I grabbed Leia and pulled her the back of the room.

"We have to go now." Tala said. Obi Wan and me nodded. She opened a small hatch. We back walking, but Obi Wan stopped.

He leaned against the wall, and out his hand against his chest. I quickly grabbed his forearm to steady him.

"What wrong?!" I asked quickly. He breath heavily. He then looked at me sadly, and walked out the hatch.

He paced over to the door, and looked out h the window. I followed him, and did the same. I heard screams, lots of them.

The troopers ran down the village path, yelling. Then I saw a suited man. He was tall, in all black, and had a cape blowing behind him.

Everyone stared at him in fear, he glared at everyone he passed, walking with his head high. I turned to see Obi Wan, fear was in his eyes.

Obi Wan turned to Leia, and pushed her towards the private room. "Go! Go Leia!" Get back in the room!" Obi Wan said.

We watched as he lofted people up and threw them to the ground. "We have to go now!" Tala said to us. Obi Wan turned around and faced Tala.

"Take her to Aldeedan. No matter what she must get there." He said. Tala hesitantly nodded and hit her lip nervously. She turned to Leia and out a hand on her back.

"You too." He said to me. I gaped my mouth. "Obi Wan- I can't." I said sadly. He sighed and stroked his beard.

"I can't lose you. For all I know, the man out there is dangerous. He knows I'm here and won't stop till one of us is dead. Please, please listen to me and leave. Besides, only you know how important Leia is." He said quietly.

I bit my lips and nodded. I then quickly reached in and hugged him. This time, it didn't relieve my emotions. It made them worse.

"Don't do anything stupid. I lov- Stay safe." I said quickly. He nodded softly, then turned back around to face the window.

I then turned around, and walked towards the door. I met Leia and Tala who we're half way down the hall.

I ran after them, grabbed Leias hand and hurried down the hall.

-

"You have to help him!" Leia said to me and Tala. "He'll be fine." Tala said to her. "No he won't!" Leia said again.

I sighed and looked down. "Your right." I said to Leia. Tala looked up at me shocked. "Tala.. you have to go and help him." I said sadly.

Leia looked up at me. "Why not you?" She asked. I sighed. "Tala knows how to save people, she knows the way around this planet. Besides, I don't think Ben will like me fighting a Sith Lord." I said with a chuckle.

Tala looked down at me and nodded. "It's true. Leia will feel safer with you as well." She said with a smile.

Tala turned around and smiled. "Keep going forward.  A pilot will meet you there." She said to me. I nodded and hugged her.

She chuckled. "I can see why you and Ben are so close, who wouldn't adore you." She said with a smile. I smiled back and turned around grabbing Leias shoulder.

"Let's go." I said to her. She nodded.