26. Overwhelmed

"ALEEEEEX!" John shouted as loud as he could after the running boy. Both of their paces had started to hinder and John was on the verge of giving up.

The trees started to disappear and lights were up in the distance.

"Oh crap" Alex muttered as he ran, the lights ahead were from the SAS shacks.

As the closest soldier noticed them, the teenager slipped across some mud and rolled to the floor.

Senses started to overload and overpower. His mind... clouded and felt like everything was attacking him from all sides.

The feeling of his hair on his forehead was slightly itchy. His toes felt broken in his boots and his feet felt beaten up. The feeling of his heart beating against his chest also thumped in his brain like a drum. Everything felt as if it was everywhere and at the same time, nothing seemed to be able to process in his brain: overload.

He screamed.

Out of anger and distress.

Everyone nearby who wasn't already looking, turned sharply to stare. John ran on and skidded beside him.

Alex's arms flailed and he let out another yell. To him, it felt like a release. As if everything that had been gathering up inside him (all his thoughts, all his pain and all that his senses had noted,) had burst out in a rush.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" A soldier called out but no one responded, they all just stared and no one dared to go closer to the nimble, young spy. No one was making a move to help. Not even John, who was rigid just in front of his son.

Alex rolled over and made an effort to stand but gave up and another scream burst from his lungs.

Everyone was too busy wondering confused and staring at the scene before them that the deep red leaking quickly from his back was one of the only things that went unnoticed.

AN: this is technically a filler chapter as I'm not sure what to write yet. It is confusing, I have noticed.
So ima explain:
When Alex fell, he was already distraught and as he was no longer focusing on running away he got overstimulated by everything going on and everything he was feeling.
As he fell, he tore some stitches in his back. He is ok.
He was screaming in pain because of the torn stitches and also because everything just got overwhelming as well as being angry at his dad.

I may delete this chapter :/