Fake Dating Day #1

Nova wakes up at 4 A.M. Probably out of nerves for the day ahead of them. She opens her eyes and feels something warm on her stomach. She looks down to see Milani's head on Nova's lap, cuddling her. Nova moves her arms to wrap around Milani.

Only cuz it's cold Nova told herself.

She focuses on the fan on Milani's roof spinning slowly. She thought about Gareth, her parents, her fight with Jennie, but mainly, she thought about what she was going to do today. 

Nova zoned out for about 2 hours before a man dressed in a tux knocks on the door and says, "Ms. Milani, time to wake up!" and walks away.

Milani starts to stir and groans quietly. She rubs her eyes a bit before opening them and seeing the two girl's sleeping position. She yawns and says, "I always knew you wanted to strangle me in my sleep" referring to Nova's arms together near her neck.

Milani gets up, stretches, and opens her closet. "Ok what vibe are we going for?" She asks. 

Nova finishes silently checking her out before saying "ummm how's like a sun and moon thing? like the pink and goth girlfriends?" 

Milani's eyes light up. "Fuck yes!!" and pulls out a pink turtleneck, a white tennis skirt, air force 1's and white and pink striped leg warmers, before pulling out all pink coquette jewelry.

ok.

Milani was so ready for it. Nova respected that. 

"Ok show me all the goth girl things in your closet." Nova said, getting up and yawning too. 

Nova barged through, standing next to Milani, and starting going through all of her clothes only to find one Megadeth t shirt.

"you only have one dark piece of clothing?"

"and it's not even mine. Sara had a phase where she tried to get into that kinda music."

"Well I love that kinda music so I'll wear it. But I think we'll have to go to my place for the rest of my clothes."

The two girls packed up their backpacks and drove to Nova's place. On the drive there, they spoke about their entrance and how the day'll look. 

"Ok obviously we walk in through the main doors-" Milani starts.

"obviously" Nova cut in.

"- and we're holding hands, and we should make it seem as lowkey as possible. Like we're just talking about whatever the two of us could possible have in common."

Nova nods in agreement about the casual conversation. 

Nova adds, "Ok that's good. How about when we get to my locker, because it comes before yours, you help me unpack and whatever, and then when you're about to go to yours and we seperate, you give me a kiss on the cheek."

Milani's cheeks lightly burn but she hopes Nova can't tell. 

"yeah sure. We're eating lunch together too?"

"Definitely. Speaking of which, can I eat with your friends? I didn't make up with Jennie yet. We haven't spoken since that day."

"Yeah that works."

They park near Nova's trailer and go inside. The two girls go to Nova's room to look through her closet. It seemed like all she owned were dark clothes. 

Nova put on the Metallica band tee, a pair of flared black leather pants, a chain on her belt loops, and some cut out and ripped fingerless gloves.  She then layered some bracelets and necklaces. 

"How's this."

"Very different than mine, so, perfect." Milani said. "We should do our makeup though."

Nova checked the time. 7:34. Their school started at 8:15. They had time. 

Nova brought out her makeup bag, since Milani didn't bring her's with her. Both girls scrambled through the bag while sitting on the floor looking at the mirror, their knees pressing against each others. 

Nova did a smokey full black eye. 

Milani looked like she was struggling to use Nova's liquid eyeliner. Nova laughed a little before deciding to help her out. Her girlfriend had to look good. 

Oops sorry. "girlfriend."

Nova grabs the eyeliner from Milani and gets comfortable near her. "Hold still" she says. She gets slightly on top of Milani's lap, straddling her, puts one arms around her neck and starts working on the eyeliner. 

Milani can barely breathe. She's never been more still. And Nova knows. She sees the state of Milani and smiles before continuing on the eyeliner. 

Nova finishes and gets off Milani. She looks over the eyeliner. Milani was already stunning before, but now she looks like a goddess. And Nova's willing to treat her like one. 

Nova turns that thought away. 

Both girls go to the kitchen to start making breakfast. Their dynamic is actually...really good. 

It's like they're synchronized. They made coffee and waffles and ate before driving to school. They were sure to be slightly late, so that everyone was at their lockers. 

The two girls get out of their car.

They both take a deep breath. 

"You ready?" Nova says with her hand out.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Milani responds, holding Nova's hand.

 They open the doors. Already there's people gawking at them. Everyone is staring at them. Or whispering to their friends. 

"I'm gonna be honest. I'm kinda loving this." Milani admits. 

"I know." Nova replies, "You love attention."

"That I do."

They get to Nova's locker, and she puts her backpack in her locker and pulls out a few of her textbooks, making Milani hold them. She then takes those textbooks and puts them in her locker. There's two minutes before the bell rings so Milani grabs Nova's chin and gently turns it to give her a peck on the cheek. 

Holy shit

What the fuck is going on

 Are the whispers everywhere. 

Milani walks away to her locker, leaving Nova alone at hers. She closes her locker and goes to her first class, smiling. Today was a massive success. 

A/N: Hi guys. Hope you liked this chapter. Sorry for leaving the story on a cliffhanger, I'll try to post more often.

Lemme know what you all think of the story!

Thanks for reading!