Edgerunner (1)

At night in the night city, it started to rain suddenly.

There were huge lights in the city center surrounding Arasaka Tower, and a holographic carp swimming gracefully with the city as their home.

In this dark night, holographic carp, LED lights, and even rain in this dreamlike city, a man was checking his implants and weapons.

Adam Smasher, the living legend of Arasaka.

A mercenary with a 100% mission success rate, and a man who is rumored to be very cruel when it comes to missions.

However, he is a very kind man when he is not on duty.

On days when he was not working, he gave clothes he made to the orphanage he sponsored, or volunteered.

Then a news came from the NCPD wiretapping device in his room.

[HQ! This is Memorial Park! There is a cyber psycho! I need MaxTac reinforcement right now!]

"... Another cyber psycho?"

Cyber Psycho, or Cyber Psychosis.

It is a kind of mental illness caused by excessive cyberware surgery.

In extreme cases of cyberware surgery (such as replacing the entire body with chrome), it is a type of rejection that is very likely to occur, causing the subject to gradually lose his temper and eventually go crazy.

Usually, MaxTac is dispatched to neutralize the cyber psycho, but Adam Smasher sometimes intervenes in such cyber-psycho incidents.

Whatever the case, he puts down the gun he was checking, grabs one of his swords, and leaves the room.

*****

"Damn it?! Did that bastard replace his body with chrome?! The bullets don't work at all!"

The NCPD is currently struggling with the cyber psycho right before their eyes.

Because he had his whole body covered with implants, the NCPD did not cause a single scratch all over his body, including his head.

And the man leisurely took out a tech shotgun and a smart submachine gun from his back and just fired at the NCPD.

"Damn, if anyone has a grenade, throw it at him!"

"That bastard has a smart weapon! If you throw it, it'll be intercepted in midair!"

"Fuck! So when is MaxTac support coming-"

-Bang!

"Jim! You goddamn Cyber Psycho...!"

*

Perhaps even the word hell cannot fully describe this place.

Numerous comrades were killed by Cyber Psycho.

But the only thing they could do was buy their time while waiting for MaxTac's support.

A police officer approaches to subdue the Cyberpsycho, but is decapitated by the Mantis Blade.

"Shit! He's wearing that bastard Mantis blade!"

"Did that bastard even have a organic part left?"

"Don't talk nonsense, stop it quickly! Thousands of people will die if that cyber psycho goes out into the streets!"

Then a man broke into their radio network.

[From now on, I am in charge of this operation. Everyone, retreat.]

"Who the hell are you?!"

[Code A]

"....Understood, Everyone! Retreat to Point B!"

"What now?! Is it MaxTac support?"

"No! Code A is here for support!"

With that radio call, the NCPD stopped attacking and began to retreat.

Code A stands for Adam Smasher. It was because when he came, he could deal with that level of cyberpsycho casually.

This Cyber Psycho was more dangerous than before because of 'Sandevistan', a reflective booster chrome implanted in his spine.

They didn't know why such a dangerous chrome was in this cyberpsycho, but they knew.

Now, at this moment, the fate of NCPD is decided.

*

As if this cyberpsycho had no intention of missing the NCPD, he immediately activated Sandevistan.

Everything slowed down and only he quickly approached them and raised his pistol.

-Kwaaaaang!

The sound of something falling was heard. Hearing that, he put down his gun and looked behind him, his expression changing to a look of astonishment.

There was a living legend, Adam Smasher.

He tries to run away, but his Sandevistan's timer runs out. And Adam Smasher's Sandevistan was activated.

Smasher cut cyberpsycho's limb. In an instant, the Cyber Psycho lost both the means to escape and the means to attack.

"Lieutenant Colonel James Norris... ex-soldier?"

"..."

Lieutenant Colonel James Norris...

He was a former soldier and a man who wanted to be strong. Maybe he wanted to become a legend too.

However, he dies in front of the legend. He frowned, but didn't say anything.

And Adam Smasher loaded his pistol as if he knew Norris' heart.

-Click!

"As a soldier... at least I'll kill you painlessly..."

"..."

-Bang!

Adam Smasher saluted him and blew his head off with his gun.

"...Thank you for your service." he groaned a little.