CHAPTER 20

Caitlyn shook her head

Caitlyn shook her head. "This is not good."

"Not good?" you repeated. What's that supposed to mean?

Caitlyn pulled you off to the side while rubbing her forehead. "For Christ's sake, y/n. What have you gotten yourself into?"

Chills instantly ran down your spine. "What?"

Keeping her voice low, she started to pop the knuckles in her fingers, obviously nervous. "I know about you and that...that killer, y/n," she faltered.

Oookay.

How the hell will she know that?

This is bad.

Is she lying?

No. She wouldn't be so casual about the whole situation.

Omg! What do I do?

Darts of questions shot through your mind and the only thing you could say is, "What? Are you crazy?"

She let out a heavy sigh before shaking her head. "I thought I was like your best friend? I know about you and that killer."

"How do you know?" you questioned.

"'Cause the day I walked in my room, you had my robe on, and I'm sure as hell that the room smelled like heated sex."

You shrugged. "No."

Deny, deny, deny.

She came and gripped your shoulders. "I wasn't suspicious but then when you all of a sudden screamed in your room that night and kicked us out, that day when you disappeared from the club. Hell, you even turned down your crush! Also, you appeared out of nowhere in a stranger's car."

You shrugged. "I already told you what happened," you whispered.

She inched closer. "The way you disappeared when we were buying treats. Y/n, this is not you. I figured that after we got attacked, you started the disappearing acts."

You blew out an exhausted breath. "Okay, fine. It's time I come clean. I am dating my friend's father," you lied.

"What? You're dating my father?!"

The cops turned their gazes toward you before turning back around.

"Also, I saw a large figure leave your bed. I know it can't be one of our fathers, y/n. Just tell me the truth."

You dropped your head, defeated. "Okay, fine. I'm dating the killer. You're happy?"

Her eyes popped out of her sockets. "Oh my God. I was right! But when did this all happen?"

"The day we came face to face, he was about to kill me but he didn't, instead...we made out, and ever since, he's been coming and seeing me. I'm the only reason all of you are still alive, Caitlyn," you jeered.

Gasping, her gaze met yours. "Is he good in bed?"

Really? That's what she got from the whole talk?

"Well, he's a bit shaky, but I understand because it was like his first time. Altogether though, he was great."

The cops veered in your direction with cuffs in their hands. "Okay miss y/n, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you."

The old lady folded her arms in front of her chest.

Mason shook his head. "No, why are you taking her? What did the old lady tell you?"

Miss Peterson smiled. "She's been bringing a killer into this house! I've seen the masked man enter her room and when I was outside, I saw them having sex through the window."

Ew! We were watched?!

Caitlyn came forward, blocking me from the cops. "No! You cannot take her away. Why are you taking her away?"

The sheriff straightened. "Hopefully, we can ask her some questions and if she does know the murderer, then she can help us get to him and kill him once and for all," he explained and your head was hazy.

What the hell was going on?

Deny, deny, deny.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I wasn't with any man last night! This lady was hallucinating," you shouted but they were still coming to put the cuffs on you.

The sky was still dark and you nearly burst out crying but you kept it in. A few neighbors came outside and watched as you were about to be handcuffed.

So humiliating!

But just then, a dark figure stood at the doorway with an axe in his hand. He gripped the handle tight and you just wondered where the hell did he get that from.

He made his way forward and all of the cops pulled out their guns. "Put your hands where I can see them!"

Do you think he listened? Hell no.

Michael Myers came closer, revealing himself, his eyes are dark like voids. The sight of him made you scream out in excitement.

Like how can a man be this hot?

"Sir put the weapon down!" the officer bellowed which just led to Michael swinging the axe into one of the officer's legs, chopping his leg off before pulling it back out.

The man fell to the floor, crying out in pain before gunshots went off. Michael grunted as he got hit in the shoulders and arms but he still went forward, swinging his axe straight into someone's face. So bad that you could actually hear the mucky, slimy sounds.

Caitlyn held your back for support, before bending over and vomiting.

One officer continued to shoot until it made a clicking noise. No more bullets. Horrified, he took a few steps back, his life flashing before his eyes as he awaited his death.

Michael dropped the axe and pulled out the knife that was in his pocket. You looked closely and realized that it was the very knife that you had given him.

He relentlessly slit the man's throat open. His head slowly twisted back, watching as Justin take a gun and shoot at him.

"No, Justin!" you shouted but it was too late as he kicked Justin in the knee, causing Justin to fall forward while pulling the trigger, shooting himself in the throat.

Before you knew what was happening, you got yanked into one of the vehicles with Mason and Caitlyn at your sides. You looked forward and it was the sheriff who was speeding away.

"Listen, girl. That man shares a connection with you and so we need to use you to get to him," he shouted.

"You mean to use her as bait?" Caitlyn raised her voice at him while Mason sat next to you, crippled by shock.