CHAPTER 25

The next day, you found yourself texting your mother after she had sent you more than a hundred text messages

Y/n, you better tell me where you are before I kill you.

Hey, y/n. Mum's worried sick about you.

Y/n...The cops want to see you. Answer me, please.

You read through all her messages and sighed. What am I going to do?

You walked passed one of the rooms, finding Mason slammed against the closet, as Michael gripped his neck, lifting him off the ground.

Mason turned pale.

With widened eyes, you ran into the room.

"Oh my God, Michael. Please let him go," you urged.

Michael didn't even spare you a glance as his grip tightened.

"Michael! No killing my friends, okay?"

Michael turned to look at you before his grip loosened, dropping Mason to the floor.

He gasped for air and coughed uncontrollably.

Running to his side, you helped him get up. Well, alright. It was a stupid idea to bring your friends here and you had to always be checking whether they were still alive or a corpse, but oh well, you had no other choice.

Michael walked out of the room as if nothing ever happened.

"Mason, are you alright?"

"I'm fine," he whispered.

Letting out a sigh, you then heard your mother's voice. "y/n. Run!"

Creasing your forehead, you slowly stepped towards the front door.

A hand rested on your shoulder and you turned and shrieked.

"What the fuck? You just scared the shit out of me!" Caitlyn whispered while holding her heart.

"Shhh, we got company," you whispered.

Staying still, you heard the door bang.

The thumping didn't stop.

You stood still, trying to make out what sound that was.

"What's up?" a voice came from behind and both you and Caitlyn jumped, shit scared.

"Jesus! It's me, Mason."

Relieved, your attention went back to the door.

"Where's Michael!" you shouted.

"I saw him leave through that door," Caitlyn answered.

"Shit. How will he know where we are if we run?"

Mason shrugged. "We can't stay here either. We have to go, y/n."

"They're gonna break down the door. They know where we are!" you said before running for the back door.

You opened the door and found your mom standing there.

That's scary.

"Y/n. I'm so glad you're alright!" she pulled you into a tight hug.

"Mum. Mum, listen. I don't know how we got on their bad side but I promise that I'm not doing anything wrong," you explained.

She was contemplating before nodding her head. "I know, sweetheart. But you have to run away. Leave this town with your friends. If they find you, they're gonna hang you all. Listen to me, please. There's an SUV waiting 12 houses away. Jump in, okay?" your mother pleaded before kissing your forehead.

Then, you heard the front door bang open, the noise of split wood sending chills up your spine. "Bye, mum. I love you," you whispered before you and your friends ran through the backyard, into the neighbor's yard.

Running, you all managed to get pretty far.

"What about your killer?" Caitlyn raised a question.

"He'll find us. He always does," you asserted.

Hopefully, he does. He's become a part of your life now. You can't live without him.

While running in the backyards of all of the houses, a chihuahua barked and ran for Mason, biting his bottom leg.

"Fucking dog!" Mason shouted while wriggling his legs. The dog finally let go of his jeans and all of you jumped a small wall that led to the next backyard.

Running, two pit bulls-one black and the other brown-growled with saliva dripping from the sides of their mouths.

"Run!" Caitlyn shouted and you all did just that. Turning around every now and then, you saw dogs were chained. Thank God.

When you turned around, all of you fell into a pool. Gasping, you felt yourself struggle to come above the water and when you finally reached the top, you held the side of the pool for support.

"Ahh, ahh, ahh," the sound of moaning instantly stopped. Following the sounds, you found a couple having sex in the pool before the man's thrusts stopped.

Awkward.

Drenched, you scrambled out of the pool, with your friends right behind you.

"Thanks for the swim!" Mason shouted at the couple.

"Sorry! Enjoy the wetness!" Caitlyn added.

Running once again, you found yourself scampering through bushes, dog houses, and pools until you made your way to the road.

"Is that the same SUV?" Caitlyn asked while pointing to a car.

"I think so, come on. Let's go," you instructed.

Making your way to the vehicle, you all settled in the back seat. "Hi, urm...y/n," you started, testing to see if it was the same SUV.

A lovely brunette turned around and smiled. "Y/n. I'm a friend of your mother's. She told me to pick up three teenagers and drop you off at the airport."

"Airport?" you repeated.

"Yes, airport."

"Where are we going?"

"New York," she replied.