Chapter 26

Ophelia could only stare from underneath her lashes at Felicity, who sat across from her, fidgeting.

Ophelia didn't know who she couldn't stand more, her selfish and narcissistic mother or her lying and cheating father. Sasha, for once in her life, was utterly speechless.

So many thoughts were swimming through her head. The sisters could hear their parents argue in a secluded area away from them. The sound of things being thrown and terrifying screams. Ophelia didn't know what to think about this girl.

She came out of nowhere and introduced herself as their sister who was born out of wedlock and an affair thanks to Myles' cheating ways. He preached about loyalty but yet he couldn't bring himself to be loyal to their mother, even if she is a bitch to Ophelia.

Ophelia sighs as she sits straight up in her seat, eyes never leaving Felicity. Felicity met her gaze. Ophelia could feel the nervousness radiating off of her, she had every right to be feeling that type of way. "Everything was perfect before all this-it was.... normal." Sasha says.

She grimaced at Felicity, almost letting the growl escape her throat. "Perfect before you showed up with your "story". Did you honestly believe that if you showed up that we'd accept some girl from the streets?" Felicity frowned a little.

"I'm sorry that Dad cheated and had me. I didn't ask for this." She tells her. Sasha stood up swiftly. "But yet you still came here when you should've stayed outside like a good little puppy." Sasha smirked at her. "That's gonna be your last and only time calling me a puppy."

"Or what? Gonna run to Mama?"

It happened so fast. One moment Sasha stood toe to toe with Felicity then the next she was on the floor, holding her mouth.

"Thought you learned your lesson from when I slapped you?" Ophelia snickered as Sasha stormed off. "Sorry about her. She's a bitch." "Isn't she your sister?" Ophelia shrugs.

"Technically, our sister but I don't care. She deserves it all the time she opens her mouth." Ophelia chuckles. Felicity felt a small smile creep on her face. It was a shy smile.

"Look, I ain't gonna deny and say I'm not angry because I am, I'm very pissed off but I'm old enough to know not to blame you. I mean nobody gets to choose your parents," Ophelia says as she places a gentle yet firm hand on Felicity's shoulder, "If we could, I swear my parents wouldn't be a hateful bitch and a lying snake and if you could then you'd probably choose another dad but we can't."

Felicity slightly nods. "I can respect you and if you allow it, I'd be cool with you as my sister. Besides, anyone who could throw a sharp right punch and hit Sasha, is automatically on my good side."

The sisters laughed together. "Good to know."

The sisters walked away, talking loudly enough for Sasha to hear, who only mocked them.