Chapter 5

Suits, houses and secret dungeons

When I stepped out of the plane I waited on a seat near the front desk just like how the woman at the police station told me so

When I stepped out of the plane I waited on a seat near the front desk just like how the woman at the police station told me so. I did have thoughts of running away as the stress of meeting my father was only increasing more and more. Although I didn't like him, I wanted him to like me.

It was a weird feeling to have and I kept trying to ignore it but kept creeping back up. I looked at the clock and back at the entrance at the people walking in and out. I kept guessing who my father could be.

But each time I would guess the man would just walk straight past me. I can only imagine him to be dingy looking so they were the only men I was focussing on. Just judging on the past men my mum has dated. I didn't have much to guess other than the fact that I knew my dad would have to have light hair and light eyes to match me.

I think the man I am looking for is a light-haired and eyed version of Connor. "Oakley?" I jumped in my seat and looked up hesitantly at a very tall man. The huge man had dark blonde hair with green eyes just like my own. He had a small stubble trailing across his sharp jawline but what stood out most to me was his suit.

He had a suit.

The suit he wore looked expensive. It didn't look second hand or like it was just borrowed or something. It looked new. It was black suit which he had matched with a dark green tie. His suit though doesn't do well to hide his muscle which was practically popping out of his dress shirt. He looked over at me and I couldn't help but shut my eyes tightly. He's scary. More scary than Connor and more scarier than all the other boyfriends mum has had.

I can feel him looking at me, even with my eyes shut. His emerald eyes were burning a hole on the top of my head. I shrink further into my seat and I can feel my arms subconsciously wrapping themselves around me.

"Oakley?" he says, his deep voice said as softly it could manage.

I didn't move.

"My name is Ian Miller. I am." he pauses before I can hear him clearing his throat. "Your father."

Slowly, I open my eyes. My father smiles and then moves his hand towards me. I look at his hand and then back at him. Still star-struck. "You're my father?"

His smile falls a little before he masks his nervousness and smiles again. "Yes."

I nod my head and gaze down at my worn out sneakers which are covered in dried out mud. His expression fills with understanding until it then fills with hurt.

"Oakley? Would you like to come home?" his eyes fill with hope as he once again reaches his hand out to me. I stare at the hand again with conflicted emotions before I slowly nod. He glances down at the duffle bag next to me and quickly grabs it and swings it around his shoulder. His eyes never took his eye off me as if he was waiting for me to bolt or something.